Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: HTXCarl Any info for Bryan Gasoline? - Sat Sep 28 2019 02:27 PM
Greetings all! I recently took a chance on this 15" globe lens for Bryan Gasoline. I have no reference material that shows any listing for Bryan Gasoline or Oil Company, nor any company that used "Bryan" as a brand... Does this ring a bell for anyone? Has anyone ever seen or run across anything similar?

I'm thinking it may have been the local service station owner?

Attached picture IMG_0617.JPG
Posted By: advertologist Re: Any info for Bryan Gasoline? - Sat Sep 28 2019 03:42 PM
here is one that was on BOTW 8/19/13 .. ... cool

Attached picture 1bryanglo.jpg
Posted By: HTXCarl Re: Any info for Bryan Gasoline? - Sat Sep 28 2019 04:36 PM
Thanks--somehow I didn't catch that in my search! I'll message the poster to see if he ever uncovered any info...
Posted By: lancelot75 Re: Any info for Bryan Gasoline? - Sat Sep 28 2019 08:05 PM
I did a quick search and found two in the whole world named Bryan. One in Texas and Ohio. I would venture a guess that that this was a local gasoline station retailer. Unfortunately there no historical picture archive’s that I could find. My best guess it was located in Texas.
Posted By: HTXCarl Re: Any info for Bryan Gasoline? - Sat Sep 28 2019 08:47 PM
That’s what I’ve found; pretty familiar with Bryan Texas—lived there briefly in college. It was named for William Joel Bryan, a nephew of Sam Houston, but I can’t find any record of him being involved in any early oil companies. I can’t seem to find much on any early oil companies located there either.

The other lens shown here was found at Iowa Gas, this one was in Canton, TX ... so who knows

Guess I’ll have to dig further into more research ...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk