Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 01:20 AM
Just read a post from an old gas member that used to be on here on Face book. Stated that Ron Carey from Canada's Heritage park had been killed in an auto accident in England on the Brighton tour. Very sad news as most all have seen his collection and have either heard of him or have dealt with him over the years. Maybe someone else can bring more light to this.
Posted By: Restore-Pumps Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:04 AM
Craig.
Yes, it is true he was killed early this morning at the London to Brighton car rally. He wife was air lifted to hospital in serious condition. Ron and I have been close friends for many years and I will miss him dearly, my prayers and thoughts go out to his wife Billie and family. The hobby has lost another great pioneer...Ron was eight years young.

Bruce Wittig
Posted By: RedHat Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:18 AM
Sad to hear. My condolences to any friends and family of Ron 🙏
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:25 AM
Oh my gosh....... My prayers go out to Ron and his family.
Posted By: kjsplichal67 Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:32 AM
Sad to hear this.... My prayers are with his family.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:58 AM
My condolences to all his family and friends.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 04:48 AM
I just found out about this tragedy from a friend. My prayers go out to his family.I hope his wife survives. I did not know Ron personally but he was an upstanding man from what others had told me.

Rob
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 05:51 AM
This was released by the media tonight on his death.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/c...ey-killed-in-u-k-highway-crash-1.4668686

Ron was the person Rob wrote about. Amongst other philanthropic endeavors he donated a significant portion of his collection to set up a museaum- Gasoline Alley at Heritage Park. It has been featured on this site a few times.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=144182&page=all
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 11:20 AM
Sad to hear. In our prayers. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 01:13 PM
Sorry to here of the lost. Prayers go out to the family.
Posted By: Restore-Pumps Re: Ron Carey - Mon Nov 04 2019 02:10 PM
Attached is a picture of Ron Carey at his Heritage Park Museum in Calgary in front of one of his favorite vehicles which he restored.
I will deeply miss his visits, working together, chasing rare pumps and untold stories.
My prayers go out to Ron's family and a speedy recovery to his wife.

Bruce Wittig

Attached File
Ron Carey.png  (307 downloads)
Attached picture Ron-Carey.jpg
Posted By: Pogo's Garage We've lost a legend & friend Ron Carey... - Mon Nov 04 2019 05:01 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that Ron Carey died tragically yesterday. He was driving a vintage car during a rally in London and was involved in an accident.
Here is a link to the story, Ron Carey News It's a very sad day for his family, and the many people he touched in his 80 years.

Attached picture 37223542_10157575554963626_1717980420114481152_n.jpg
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: We've lost a legend & friend Ron Carey... - Tue Nov 05 2019 12:17 AM
Thanks Lance for the picture of Ron hard at work as usual.
There is a thread started earlier that speaks to his passing.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: We've lost a legend & friend Ron Carey... - Tue Nov 05 2019 12:52 AM
Sad to hear the news. Our prayers for Ron Carey's family and friends.

Thanks for adding the pictures of him.
Posted By: tulareone Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 01:39 AM
Very sad to hear this — was a great friend and help me a lot on my visable project — every time he stop by was a pleasure sharing story with him
Prayers for his wife — Ron going to miss you
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 06:26 PM
I've heard around that he was a great guy and obviously very intelligent by the looks of the way that pump transporting setup was engineered in the above pic!
My condolences to the family and friends!
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 07:06 PM
Sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 08:34 PM
I just spoke to his Son In-law, he is going to let me know when funeral arrangements have been made, I will post it here, and on our Facebook page.
If you had unfinished business with Ron in any form, feel free to let me know, and I will pass your information along.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 10:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.
Any info on his wife? she probably needs prayers for healing also.
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 05 2019 10:35 PM
Last word was a likely full recovery, but they don't have all the details yet. His Son is in London right now, dealing with everything.
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Ron Carey - Wed Nov 06 2019 05:25 PM
An update on Billi

On behalf of our mother, Billi Carey, we wish to share the news to all of her friends and family that she and her husband Ron were involved in a tragic automobile accident in the UK that resulted in his death at the scene of the accident.

Billi was airlifted from the accident scene to a trauma center in London. Thanks to the professional and dedicated staff in the emergency care facility, she is expected to make a full recovery, despite the severity and extent of her injuries. As well as recovering from her physical injuries, Billi is dealing with tremendous grief at the devastating loss of her loving husband, Ron.

In addition to the care provided at the hospital, Billi has her children, Jaime and Chris, her step son, Shon Carey as well as her brother Dean with her and her dear friend, Stephanie Allen who resides in London.

We wish to express our thanks and appreciation to everyone who has reached out; your prayers and support have been a source of strength for her and our family in what is obviously a painful and difficult time.

Jaime and Chris
Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: Ron Carey - Tue Nov 12 2019 11:36 PM
Ron's family has set up a Memorial page for friends to share photo's and stories. His funeral announcement, as well as any updates on Billi's condition will be posted there as well. Here is a link https://www.facebook.com/rondcarey
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk