Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 46WL Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 12:26 AM
Not much else to do but play horseshoes.

Attached picture 10784476-A439-4111-887B-FB8955561874.jpeg
Posted By: Done4 Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 01:08 AM
Not fun A hole, this is serious stuff we’re dealing with.
Posted By: 46WL Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 04:08 AM
Self quarantining!
Posted By: T-way Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 12:16 PM
Really Les, no freaking sense of humor?
Posted By: cggas Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 01:15 PM

I don’t let it bother me my wife works at the hospital. It’s all blowed out of proportion!! & people are acting like it’s the end of the world!!
Posted By: minuteman Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 03:46 PM
For some, especially the older it would be the end of the world, this is not an "its about me time"
Posted By: jimsjunk Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Thu Mar 19 2020 08:39 PM
Well said Kim
Posted By: T-way Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Fri Mar 20 2020 12:47 PM
There's 334 Michigan residents infected at this time.

Out of 10 million michigan residents.

That's .0000334 percent of the population.

While I personally believe we should be careful, I do think it's a bit overblown.

Just my opinion.

Jim
Posted By: BrianH Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Fri Mar 20 2020 02:44 PM
Yeah, I think people with compromised immune systems, other health issues and respiratory problems should be careful who they interact with. For the majority of the population, this should not be a serious concern. However, healthy people should avoid interacting with folks with health problems to avoid putting them at risk.

I agree that this has been overblown. The economic impact of the global reaction to coronavirus is going to be harder on a lot of people than the actual virus.

BrianH
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Fri Mar 20 2020 06:38 PM
So I am a little more pessimistic on this. I guess the glass is half empty as far as COVID is concerned. Here is why:
1) North America is late to the COVID "party"
2) USA has done little testing, you could be surrounded by positive patients. So the rates of infected people quoted will be falsely reassuring.
3) The virus doesn't respect borders. While China and S Korea seem to have peaked, Italy, Spain, Germany and England are still rising in death tolls.
4) In Italy mortality rate is 9%. Their data is probably the most complete set we have.
5) People in Italy and Spain didn't take it seriously in the beginning and the result maybe secondary to a nonchalance attitude as it was a "Chinese" problem.
6) Most people will get a hardly noticed cold, or some wont even notice they're infected, however the +60 year old people with medical problems will be disproportionately affected with 10% and greater mortality rates mirroring Italy's experience.
Finally it's here and it's real.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/nyregion/new-jersey-family-coronavirus.html
Ultimately we've all been given the information. There's no shortage of it. Some good info, some bad but we can all decide how we are going to react individually. However willful disrespectful behaviours like we saw of the spring breakers will affect us all as they bring back the virus to a community near you. Stay healthy OG'ers
Posted By: Yellow57 Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Fri Mar 20 2020 11:16 PM
Look at the data on your states drug overdose rate from the past year !!
Posted By: Wayne Wood Re: Wayne 60 Coronavirus fun - Sat Mar 21 2020 07:31 PM
The drug overdose is self induced and they want to live that way and I don't think I should have to pay for the drug addicts! The virus is something we cannot control but can work on prevention.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk