Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jason K 3-D Modeling - Mon May 11 2020 05:00 PM
Good Morning everyone,

I'm interested in learning 3-D modeling and would like to model a Wayne 615. I'm wondering if anyone has drawings or schematics that would have dimensions of the individual parts. I have access to a pump but it would be more accurate if someone had exact measurements. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: 3-D Modeling - Mon May 11 2020 06:33 PM
Jason, what program you using? Cool idea to model a whole pump, but maybe start with a small assembly. I've done a lot of solid modeling, but it's really tough to find a decent program without shelling out thousands. To do a gas pump right, be really helpful to have sheet metal modeling features in the program, Solidworks would be nice to have. Your also going to need a lot of measurements to do this right.
Posted By: Jason K Re: 3-D Modeling - Mon May 11 2020 09:03 PM
Paul,

Yes, I'm using Fusion 360. It's free for personal use and it does have a sheet metal function. My overall plan is to be able to model the whole pump and make it in real life as a scaled down working model. I'm pretty young so most of my friends have no idea how visible pumps work. I would like to use it as a alcohol dispenser on a base with a tank below the pump like a true gas station setup. I already have one but its gravity fed and just not as fun.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: 3-D Modeling - Tue May 12 2020 05:50 AM
Looks like Fusion 360 is an AutoDesk product, I remember trying there 3D program like ten years ago and it sucked but I'm sure its a lot better now. Cool they let people use it for home purposes for free, looks like a year nice.
Posted By: Jason K Re: 3-D Modeling - Tue May 12 2020 05:42 PM
Ya, it's not too bad. I use Autocad for work so this translate nice for me.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk