Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: model72 Rapidayton 450 Visible - Mon Sep 07 2020 08:39 PM
I recently purchased a 450 and have several questions. I have conducted research through oldgas search, but questions remain.
What is bonnet diameter? Height?
What do the three rods that attach the bonnet to jar lid look like?
What secures the safety glass to the jar lid?
I have seen a couple pumps with a special drain back dump valve that is activated with a rod between the drain back dump valve and the drain back lever. The parts diagram shows this dump valve. My pump has no evidence of this dump valve, but there is a slot in the skin for the rod to pass thru. Was the dump valve an option or standard?
Posted By: model72 Re: Rapidayton 450 Visible - Mon Sep 14 2020 12:28 AM
I must have our purchased a really rare pump. No one has answers to any of my questions.
Posted By: prowl1 Re: Rapidayton 450 Visible - Mon Sep 14 2020 01:39 PM
I think I can help you. I have a 400 & 450. They're virtually the same except the 450 has small dial & handle on the front. Let me look if I have any pics when I get off work. If not, I can grab some pics and/or dimensions this weekend when I can get to the pump.

I'm curious does yours still have the small reset handle that has an arrow on it with the word "Up"?

Ryan
Posted By: model72 Re: Rapidayton 450 Visible - Tue Sep 15 2020 03:42 AM
Yes, my 450 has the short handle with an arrow, UP, and a steel knob. The majority of the positive stop parts were removed at some point.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk