Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Bennett 76 Top - Fri Jan 22 2021 01:04 AM
I am working on the referenced pump which has a four ad glass top. The pump and top are pictured. The globe holder is multi sided and not round with a raised collar in the center which will not allow a plastic globe body to set down in the ring. Can someone tell me what type of globe fits this collar or if I have to ground the inner ring down? Thank you.

Attached picture DSC01166.JPG
Attached picture DSC01167.JPG
Posted By: Morgan Re: Bennett 76 Top - Fri Jan 22 2021 11:58 AM
Glass body only for either 2 or 4 ad glass tops.
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Bennett 76 Top - Fri Jan 22 2021 04:22 PM
A capco body won't set down in those mounts all the way. I have a hull body globe with a brass screw on collar on mine and it works fine with plenty of clearance. I think Morgan is right that any glass body will work. If I remember right the capco doesn't lack much so maybe you could make a spacer or use something for shims to set under the globebase to raise it up enough to clear the edges of the mount? The screws are high enough in the side of the mount to still catch the globe base I think....GB
Posted By: advertologist Re: Bennett 76 Top - Fri Jan 22 2021 06:50 PM
would a metal body with the 7" base fit the bennett 76 top ? .. ... cool
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: Bennett 76 Top - Sat Jan 23 2021 12:56 AM
Thanks for the reply's.

Let me start by saying the top shown in my original pictures is a replacement. The original top is pictured in the attached photo. Please forgive all of my recyclables in the background.

I replaced the original top, which would accept a capco globe, because the upper plate was cracked and the pot metal corners badly pitted. I thought about shims, which appeared to be an option, but decided to use a 6" to 7" adapter and longer screws to hold the capco in place. This did not require modifying the new top and I don't think it looks bad.

Attached picture DSC01171.JPG
Attached picture DSC01170.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk