Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. Condensation in cylinder - Wed Apr 21 2021 10:01 PM
So when I first put this together, there was a gasket around the upper square glass window where the light shines down into the cylinder. This gasket was trashed and I, thinking it was only there for when this held gasoline, did not replace it.
Well, in a hard blowing rain, water found it's way down through the globe mount, past this upper glass and into the cylinder causing the cylinder to fog up.
So last weekend, I tool the top apart, got the hair dryer out and made sure the interior of cylinder was completely void of moister and I installed that gasket.
Not a week later, all fogged up again!!
Any thoughts?
Anyone else ever have this issue with a pump outside?

Attached picture Part_1 2.jpg
Posted By: Stig Re: Condensation in cylinder - Thu Apr 22 2021 01:03 AM
My center cap was leaking also, no new gasket available so silicone was applied. I also put some desicant bags in bottom of cylinder...seems to be good so far
Posted By: model72 Re: Condensation in cylinder - Fri Apr 23 2021 01:54 AM
My outdoor pump does the same thing after some rains. The condensation disappears the next warm day. I sealed everything and still have the problem.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Condensation in cylinder - Fri Apr 23 2021 11:07 AM
It never seems to go away once it's in there.
I'm going to be looking at it again this weekend. I think it may be coming up through a pipe/hole in bottom of cylinder.
Posted By: model72 Re: Condensation in cylinder - Fri Apr 23 2021 11:18 PM
Probably does not get warm enough in MI to drive off the condensation like it does in north TX. Blowing a hair dryer up through the discharge pipe should dry it out, but a PITA to do that each time.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk