Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hawkike FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 05:30 PM
If you sell on ebay pay now goes to your bank account rather than to paypal.I assume others have been notified?? Thoughts.
Posted By: advertologist Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 05:47 PM
if you send family/friend money, I assume that

would also go directly too there bank acct. ? .. ... cool
Posted By: hawkike Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 06:46 PM
I would think so Randy but have not switched over yet--think it needs to be done by May 28.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 07:44 PM
I just recently started selling and this is how I had to set my account up with payments going directly into my checking account. I assume it's just another way they're trying to separate the companies?
Darin
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 08:22 PM
I assume this is a good ting for the seller?
I don't sell on eBay,but payment going right to my Bank acct. is something I'd want.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 08 2021 11:07 PM
I think they've been switching people for a while now, mine isnt switched yet. I am hoping that the ebay fees are taken out right away, sick of getting the bill two months later.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: FEEBAY - Sun May 09 2021 12:15 AM
Yes, all the fees are taken out, the net amount is deposited into my checking account. I think it's been pretty seamless so far for me as a new seller. You can have your transaction/sales deposited individually, or you can choose to have a week's sales deposited every Tuesday. It takes 1-3 days to hit my account once I get the notice from Ebay that my payout is being sent.
Posted By: keithia Re: FEEBAY - Sun May 09 2021 01:18 AM
This is their new system. Goes straight into your bank account less all fees. It seems to me that the fees are about 14% so about 1% higher than the old way although they tout it being cheaper with less fees. LOL.
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: FEEBAY - Sun May 09 2021 02:26 AM
I just got my notification of the changes this week as well. Quoting a famous football coach "It is what it is".
Posted By: pasngas Re: FEEBAY - Sun May 09 2021 01:02 PM
you have to provide SSI # with your bank account & possibly receive a 1099 depending on total sales - not minus the 12.55% money - according to Ebay's registration box they have for me which ends may 21 -- won't be able to list, revise or anything but buy. To streamline & save you money(lol) the fees quoted are 12.55% on total SALE that's Final Fee - Shipping - and yes the Sales Tax. they collect. Funny how few years back they forced you to Pay Pal only from other payments- now since they sold Pay Pal they want it & other credit cards. The new money management is run by old PayPal competition Dutch/Belgium company according to internet (4 what it's worth). I'm still on fence about continuing not many other avenues i've found with area coverage
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: FEEBAY - Mon May 10 2021 02:38 AM
It’s not a good thing for a hobbyist, sets the stage for feebly to report all your sales to the IRS as income. It’s yet another way to get into your pocket....way too much up in your business...
Posted By: garyh Re: FEEBAY - Mon May 10 2021 04:19 AM
I think charging a fee on Tax is Pure B.S.
Posted By: Stephenwarren30 Re: FEEBAY - Tue May 11 2021 12:25 PM
I am really bothered by this move by EBAY! I may live in the Stone Age but I don’t use on line banking and do not want my bank account “linked” to any online entity. I will probably not be selling anything else on EBay. I really like PayPal and prefer to pay and be paid by using it. Am I that “backwards” in my thinking?
Steve
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 12:32 PM
Guess what....Ebay can also remove money from your checking any time they see fit also. I have so far found it nearly impossible to see just were all the money is being doled out to that they are collecting.
Posted By: Hardy's Garage Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 12:46 PM
I just noticed that they all tax shipping costs. I didn't think that was required. Just a way to increase their income. I believe I have bought my last item on that site!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 12:52 PM
That has been going on for awhile now..eBay adds up the final selling price with the shipping amount,and charges the buyer the state tax it's headed to.
So the buyer pays final price,shipping AND tax.
Seller pays 10% + eBay AND paypal fees.
Back to the cornfield swapmeets for me..
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 05:15 PM
I've mentioned this before, but my big warning about ebay is to not give out your phone number to anyone on ebay messenger. I had an item sell on facebook two months after I gave my number to someone on ebay via messenger (he wanted info), and ebay charged me all of their selling fees like I sold it there when I took the listing down later. Was hundreds of dollars.

I know the ebay fees suck, but you can compensate with your price.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 05:40 PM
How can you relay your phone number to someone through eBay?..I tried it once as a buyer,and an Ebay notice appeared after I hit SUBMIT,saying eBay will not send this message to the seller.The are looking for spellings of phone #'s too,I tried.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Cold Pizza
How can you relay your phone number to someone through eBay?..I tried it once as a buyer,and an Ebay notice appeared after I hit SUBMIT,saying eBay will not send this message to the seller.The are looking for spellings of phone #'s too,I tried.

It's pretty easy, just mix up words and numbers, like 510 seven six five 9999. That can't nail you if someone sends their number to you (not yet anyway), but if you send it there's a chance you'll end up paying selling fees.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: FEEBAY - Wed May 12 2021 06:38 PM
Good to know,Thanks Paul.
I've seen a few sellers include a picture of their Phone # written on a Piece of paper in some auctions too.Wonder how long those stayed up before eBay squished it.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: FEEBAY - Fri May 14 2021 02:50 AM
I’ve done the picture thing before with my number. Like others said, it’s pretty easy to exchange numbers. I’ve sold a ton on eBay but we are done, not with this new policy.

All my sales are now here, CL and word of mouth through my many contacts. I may start setting up at shows? I have a friend who quit eBay too and he only does shows and Fakebook.
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: FEEBAY - Sat May 15 2021 01:12 AM
Ebay has gotten to big for it’s britches . Sold less and less on their site the last few years . I Resent their constant positioning to increase their profit line . For those who depend on volume sales it probably will not make a great deal of difference . Closed out my payment method tonight . Buying and selling on Facebook groups and word of mouth suits me just fine . So much easier . Well until marketplace starts charging LOL ! Started out attending swap meets years ago , a lot of them . If I was still young that is what I would still be doing . Nothing like browsing thru a bunch of dealers stuff out in the open air and dickering to get the best deal . Miss those days for sure . Me the kids and sometimes the grand kids . Good memories
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk