Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ssrcobra Selling collection - Mon Jun 07 2021 03:19 PM
I am thinking about selling my collection of signs, pumps etc.I am not going to post pictures for now. I do NOT want to piece meal it out, I am not interested in an on site auction either. Any thoughts on anyone that buys entire collections? In general I have 3 completed pump, about 20 original globes, maybe 50+ original signs and a lot of other stuff. Really sad for me but I am downsizing and moving frown
Posted By: Tankar Re: Selling collection - Mon Jun 07 2021 03:58 PM
The most you will make money wise will be an auction let them fight over it. I know there's fees but I believe that's the best way to get the most. There are people out there with deep pockets that buy collections but you wont get full blown retail. Goodluck on your sale. Someday I will be there as well with my collection.
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Selling collection - Mon Jun 07 2021 06:24 PM
I know there are a few members on here that buy whole collections. I'm sure if they see this post they will contact you directly via PM.
Good luck with your sale,
Darin
Posted By: coltex Re: Selling collection - Tue Jun 08 2021 02:29 PM
IMO, nothing better than the cash! Auctions take 30% plus however you look at it. Just my opinion
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Selling collection - Fri Jun 11 2021 04:14 PM
Tom,

I would be interested in buying the whole collection, depending on what is there and if we can both walk away happy.

PM sent.

Thanks,
Steve
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk