Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. Sunoco collector Wilmington Ill. Anyone know him?? - Sat Jul 03 2021 05:30 PM
I just got home from a work trip taking back roads. I went past this house about 7:30am so didn't want to knock.
Anyone know this guy?

Attached picture sunoco.JPG
Yes, he lives just west of Wilmington. I have stopped and talked to him a few times in last 20+ years.
Brian
does he have a lot of Sunoco stuff or just what you see outside?
Mostly what you see outside, inside he works on cars, didnt see much inside but it has been a few years since
I have been back.
I haven't been there in Decades..
I rarely comment on stuff like this, but gotta be honest ... if someone I didn't know posted a pic of my place/stuff on the internet with approximate location and asking what's on the inside...without asking me ... I might have an issue.

Just sayin
Originally Posted by Ohio Oil
if someone I didn't know posted a pic of my place/stuff on the internet with approximate location and asking what's on the inside...without asking me ... I might have an issue.

ditto .. ... cool
Posted By: Tankar Re: Sunoco collector Wilmington Ill. Anyone know him?? - Mon Jul 05 2021 05:37 PM
Big ditto
Posted By: T-way Re: Sunoco collector Wilmington Ill. Anyone know him?? - Mon Jul 05 2021 07:00 PM
If you don't want people to know - then you probably shouldn't have a bunch of collectable stuff sitting where it's in plain sight from the road.

Just saying.

All my stuff is inside under lock and key.

Later . . .

Jim
Originally Posted by T-way
If you don't want people to know - then you probably shouldn't have a bunch of collectable stuff sitting where it's in plain sight from the road.

Just saying.

Later . . .

Jim

so let me get this straight .... if I have signs on my building I'm asking for you to stop, take pics, post it on the internet and get people to comment publicly what else I have inside?

That's pretty twisted thinking.
Originally Posted by Ohio Oil
Originally Posted by T-way

Just saying.

Later . . .

Jim

so let me get this straight .... if I have signs on my building I'm asking for you to stop, take pics, post it on the internet and get people to comment publicly what else I have inside?

That's pretty twisted thinking.

I didn't take the picture, it's from google maps!!!
And to me, posting on Oldgas is a place of trust. No? And in the opening post, I only asked if anyone knew him. I suppose I could have taken the rest of the conversation to PM.
Geez, IMO, ya'll need to chill out. I doubt crooks are going to be banging down his doors any time soon because of a post on Oldgas!!
Posted By: T-way Re: Sunoco collector Wilmington Ill. Anyone know him?? - Mon Jul 05 2021 10:44 PM
Steven,

That's where you're wrong.

There have been numerous thefts from collections displayed on the outsides of buildings.

Many from people that are - or were - on this site.

And, yes Ohio Oil, you are begging for people to stop, take photos and then post them to any stupid online forum they want.

Jim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk