Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Alex Texaco Arrow - Tue Oct 25 2022 09:36 PM
Good afternoon....Received some pictures from an antique dealer wondering if I had ever seen something like this. It is a heavy metal, not cheap tin. They can't see if there is anything under the paint. It is 30 inches long. It looks like a homemade sign to me, but the lettering looks well done. Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions and I will pass it along to them. Thanks...Alex

Attached picture ZZZ Texaco arrow 1.jpg
Attached picture ZZZ Texaco arrow 2.JPG
Attached picture ZZZ Texaco Arrow 3.JPG
Attached picture ZZZ Texaco Arrow 4.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Texaco Arrow - Tue Oct 25 2022 10:06 PM
Alex, Looking at the Texaco portion of the sign it appears to be attached with two screws. Maybe it was cobbled together from two separate items? Just my observation.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Texaco Arrow - Tue Oct 25 2022 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Alex
It looks like a homemade sign to me,

my thoughts exactly .. ... cool
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco Arrow - Tue Oct 25 2022 10:30 PM
Thanks...I agree that it is homemade....the "Texaco" portion of the sign looks like it was professionally done or came from another sign of sorts.....I know this isn't the value forum, thoughts on that? I told her I thought it would be nominal as it is more of a homemade type of sign. but, I don't know and she was curious. I asked her if she sold it, would she consider putting it on Oldgas to give the members a shot at it and she said she would. Thanks again.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk