Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SWABBY Some info for OLDGAS .... - Sat Nov 12 2022 02:47 PM
Wart to pass along some information to the OLDGAS community about one of the venders that does business on this site, PetroNuts,
I ordered a 13.5' white cloth hose 1" in. dia. What I received was a 13' white hose 1 3/4" dia. My project calls for a 1" hose, so it
would not work. I ordered a 1" hose and they shipped a 1 3/4" hose. Since this is a special order, they refused to refund my money
even though they shipped the wrong dia. hose. I called and left three messages and got no reply. So I sent an em to them...I did
get a smart-***** reply, Needless to say, I will do no more business with these folks....Little caution here, if you order anything
from PetroNuts, I very strongly recommend you inspect your order to make sure it is right before sending any money...Warren
Posted By: Morgan Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Sat Nov 12 2022 03:00 PM
I've never had a problem with PetroNuts. Always good products and treated right.
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Sun Nov 13 2022 12:13 PM
I alway cringe when I read the "my sale went bad, stories" on here concerning one of our listed vendor's . Cause let's be honest there's always two sides to a story and we only hear one side.

I think the more comical reading would be the vendors writing stories about the interactions they've had with us.

Good luck Warren, hope they get you taken care of!
Posted By: model72 Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Wed Nov 16 2022 03:08 AM
I believe that i was blackballed by petro nuts several months ago. Someone asked the question, "Who should I reach out to to buy glass?" Someone mentioned petro nuts and for a price comparison, I mentioned Greatglas. I have purchased glass from both vendors, actually more from petro nuts. I am aware that several members had communication issues with Greatglas and that is not the subject of this post.

After my post, I needed a glass quote from petro nuts and sent two emails. Never received a response. I left a voice mail and never received a response.

If I am wrong, petro nuts can provide their side of the story.

I don't plan on purchasing glass from any vendors in the future because I stopped restoring visibles.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Wed Nov 16 2022 03:47 AM
I have been a customer of theirs for almost 20 years. I have NEVER had a problem with them. Great company to deal with in my opinion and great people.
Posted By: model72 Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Wed Nov 16 2022 04:10 AM
As a customer, I never had a problem with petro nuts. The problem started when I mentioned the name of a competitor.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Some info for OLDGAS .... - Wed Nov 16 2022 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by model72
As a customer, I never had a problem with petro nuts. The problem started when I mentioned the name of a competitor.
There is another vendor on here who will have a hissy fit if you mention anybody but him.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk