Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 57-Chevy Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Tue Jan 17 2023 03:13 AM
Does anyone make new water transfer Ethyl decals? I can’t use a vinyl decal for my application.

Thanks!
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Tue Jan 17 2023 01:47 PM
This just popped up. I know you’re probably looking for something specific, but hey throwin it out there. Unsure if it’s water…

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=786620#Post786620
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Tue Jan 17 2023 11:51 PM
Thanks, just looking for a generic Ethyl water slide like this. Hard to believe they aren’t being made.

Attached picture CC56C5C1-71ED-4C6B-A46A-AA59A12D7135.jpeg
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Wed Jan 18 2023 12:14 AM
Did you try T Way on this site? Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Wed Jan 18 2023 05:49 AM
I havent seen that decal as a water slide. I have had success using this blank stock to print my own, link below. The better your ink jet the nicier they come out. You print it and then clear coat it and then you can use it as a decal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VHG9D1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Although I know there are people that make custom water slides too. I remember some guy advertising on old gas a few years back about it.

- Paul
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Fri Jan 20 2023 12:11 AM
Very interesting Paul, Thanks! I sure wish the market for signage was leaning way more to the water slides instead of vinyl. I don’t think people realize how much better they look and how easy they can be to work with.
Posted By: Paul Bell Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Fri Jan 20 2023 02:33 AM
Yeah, the water slides definitely have there uses! I have a tendency to use the vinyl ones 95% of the time, but I'm usually burying them in clearcoat so they look less faky.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Ethyl Water Transfer Decal - Wed Jan 25 2023 04:45 AM
I have the smaller version in 4" and I did make some many years ago that were the larger ones. They were and are water transfer.

Attached picture Image095.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk