Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: ClassicRocker Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Feb 20 2023 01:22 PM
I understand the Tokheim Interceptor is not that old of a pump and not high demand - but there is just something about them I like. Want to keep the Texaco patina on mine but restore the rubber molding on the one I have ... and ask "Anybody restore a Tokheim 452 Interceptor - and how did you address the molding around the lower and upper panels, and behind the "Metal Tokheim Strip" between the upped and lower panel?" I found some rubber molding that I think will work with the advertising glass. Seems there are about 4 or 5 different rubber molding patterns on this pump. Any suggestions, help and direction is appreciated. Thanks
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Feb 20 2023 05:30 PM
Try and find good used originals and use them. I cant think of a good replacement molding that would work.
Posted By: ClassicRocker Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Feb 27 2023 01:19 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: Mike618b Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Wed Mar 01 2023 11:00 PM
I've always loved interceptors. Keep in mind these came out in the late 50s, so they're not that new. They were for the "jet age".
Posted By: ClassicRocker Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Apr 03 2023 12:15 AM
Mike618b - I love these as well too! Seems to me as they are the last of the pumps with a globe? Some say they did not have globes but both old pumps I have and are working on have the hole at the top and the lamp base for a bulb for a globe.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Apr 03 2023 02:31 AM
Jim...Here is a pic of a matched pr of 452's I did for a client in Utah.......there is a company in CA that
has any and all types of rubber moulding you will ever need.....I will search my files and get back to you
with some info...Warren
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Tokheim 452 Interceptor Question - Mon Apr 03 2023 02:34 AM
Forgot to add the pic.....sorry bout that....

Attached picture DSCN2544.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk