Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Newbie to Pumps ECO 98 Newbie Questions - Fri May 26 2023 04:58 PM
O.K. I am a newbie to collecting the ECO 98 Tireflator, so please be nice in responding to my dumb questions.

I recently purchased the ECO 98 in the attached photos. It appears that someone at least started to do a restoration on the unit and then stopped. I am in the process of having the housing, post and pedestal base painted so I thought I would check out the meter in the meantime.

Here is where the dumb questions come in.

Is the small hole in the bottom where the air supply line hooks into the meter?
In the ECO 98, how is the air supply run through the base and post/pedestal up to the meter? I am guessing this was done via a copper or steel line, is that correct? If so, where can I find one, other than fabricating one myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached picture IMG_2347.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2349.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2348.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2317.jpeg
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: ECO 98 Newbie Questions - Fri May 26 2023 05:41 PM
You are correct. The hole is for the air supply line. The line is fed up through the 1" pipe along with the electrical supply to light the face. The line is 1/4" copper and can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes as an icemaker install kit. Use compression fittings. Teflon tape on threads to tighten. Regards, Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Newbie to Pumps Re: ECO 98 Newbie Questions - Fri May 26 2023 05:58 PM
Thanks for the response and tips. Sounds like a quick trip to Lowe's is in order.
Posted By: J, Micieli Re: ECO 98 Newbie Questions - Sun May 28 2023 08:30 PM
Here is the piece required. It's on the left.

Attached picture 52-54-3.jpg
Posted By: absolutegex Re: ECO 98 Newbie Questions - Mon May 29 2023 02:17 AM
Looks like someone already monkeyed with the check valve. Lucky you. I had to take an impact to get mine off. You can also get the copper line and fittings from napa if home depot and lowes isn't an option. Mind if I ask what you had to pay for it?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk