Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: +Chris Holt A-38 Template - Mon Jan 10 2005 10:05 PM
Can someone trace around an A-38 add glass for me ? I have an unrestored A-38 outside that is filling up with snow, I would like to make a couple out of Plexiglass untill I can get around to restoring it, If you can help me out I would greatly appriciate it. you can e-mail me for my address cholt@digidom.net Thanks again Chris
Posted By: JEFFSAUTOMOBILIA Re: A-38 Template - Mon Jan 10 2005 11:25 PM
Chris, I think you would be better off to just get rid of the pump to someone in Ohio
I have a set of Pure ad glasses on my A-38. I'll remove one and trace it out a pattern for you. Send me an e-mail with your address and I'll get-r-done.
Take care my friend.
Posted By: r49th Re: A-38 Template - Mon Jan 10 2005 11:56 PM
Chris, two pieces of plexaglas bent to form the curve is going to spring back and send your top skyward.
I wonder if that guy that collects 36 something or other tops will settle for a 38?

------------------
ROD [Mich.]
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: A-38 Template - Tue Jan 11 2005 03:02 AM
Chris,
Take rough meas. to a sheetmetal shop, have some galv. sheet cut to fit. Bend it after you get home. Paint and add a decal.
Dick
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: A-38 Template - Tue Jan 11 2005 04:10 AM
12 7/8" H x 14 5/8" W
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: A-38 Template - Tue Jan 11 2005 09:22 AM
Jeff thanks a lot, r49th, I made a plywood mold of the curve of the A-38 top , I clamp the plexiglass to it and heat it with a propain torch , the plexiglass forms to the shape I need,it's real easy,just don't let the flame hit the glass for very long or it will bubble, just the heat is the trick. Dick , I want to light it up for a yard light so to speek, when I get the right shape I decal the front sand blast the back install it, and it looks good untill I can restore it and replace it with something better. Thanks again Jeff
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk