Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Wed Mar 26 2003 03:51 PM
WHO OUT THERE HAS BOUGHT OR SOLD, OR WOULD BE INTERESTED IN, A CONOCO SIGN THAT GOES ON THE TOP OF A BULK BUILDING??? IT IS AROUNS 8 FEET LONG??,16-24 INCHES?? HIGH {ITS STILL ON THE ROOF] IT READS "CONTINENTAL OIL COMPANY",, WITH CONOCO LOGOS AT EACH END OF THIS TWO SIDED PORCELIAN SIGN.. WHAT IS IT WORTH?? [IN GOOD TO GREAT CONDITION] AND WHO WANTS IT WHEN I GET IT DOWN?? THANKS . FRANK..
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Wed Mar 26 2003 07:16 PM
Frankie, if it's the one I'm thinking of, I saw one at Des Moines for $250. It's a two pieces sign, bolts together in the middle, and has a flange on the bottom/top? to bolt to the building.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Posted By: Anonymous Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Wed Mar 26 2003 09:45 PM
that sounds like the same set up..
Posted By: scootdog Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Thu Mar 27 2003 02:56 PM
Frankie,

That sign is the same sign that is used in this picture of a restored station here in colorado. It is a large and heavy sign. If someone wanted to bolt it to the rafters of their shop it would be awesome.

conoco on the prarie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Thu Mar 27 2003 03:10 PM
THAT IS THE SIGN!!!!!
Posted By: keithia Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Thu Mar 27 2003 09:57 PM
This is a two part sign. One part of it is about 8 feet long while the other is almost 10 feet long for a total of about 18 feet. It does not look like it is that big from the ground. I have one like this and it took two of us to take it down. They are fairly heavy and a little hard to handle. Mine was actually two signs bolted up back to back. I would say 250-300 would be the value of them.

Keith
Posted By: DuceCpe Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Mon Apr 07 2003 06:19 AM
Frankie: Have you got the CONOCO sign down yet? Let me know...Thanks Ric
Posted By: gaspower Re: VALUE OF A CONOCO SIGN?? - Tue Apr 08 2003 03:34 AM
We'll see if one is worth $450.00 I guess. Check it out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3602821119&category=10802
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk