Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Kyle Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 10:34 AM
I'm wanting to restore my National A38 back into a Johnson pump. My question is, are the curved add glasses hard to find? So far in my searcing I haven't found any. I have seen one pump on the internet with these add glasses, so I'm wondering,did Johnson use National A38's? If they did make them, and they are out of my price range, I would buy aftermarket ones, but I can't seem to find those either. Thanks for the help. Kyle
Posted By: Ohio Oil Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 10:55 AM
Dont' know if I've ever seen them either. You might try Tway, he can probably make you a set. Just look under the user list tab at the top of the page sfter you sign in to find him. Shoot him an email or pm with your request.
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 12:28 PM
I agree with Ohio , T-way can hook you up I'm sure.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 02:00 PM
I agree Jim will hook you up smile
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 03:44 PM
I have seen an original A-38 with Johnson ad glass. It was one of the best pumps that I had ever seen found. Porcelain panels and Johnson ad glass, all complete.
Posted By: chrisbowers Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 09:42 PM
From what Jim's told me it's hard making curved glass because the vinyl doesn't like to stretch to fit the curvature. That could have changed though.
Posted By: Kyle Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I emailed Jim to see what he has to say. I got a response saying they are at Dixie gas this weekend, so I'm waiting for a reply back. I haven't seen much Johnson Gas stuff of any type. Is it typically hard to come by? I haven't been to any of the big shows yet, and I never see original Johnson gas stuff on Ebay. Just wondering if it's hard to come by.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Johnson add glass - Fri Sep 11 2009 11:33 PM
Dan Matthews is doing a auction in Oct. that has Johnson gas stuff. Click here for auction listing.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Johnson add glass - Sat Sep 12 2009 01:19 AM
Try Mike Slama [he advertises on here], think he does other A38 glasses. Maybe get the blanks anyway.
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: Johnson add glass - Sun Sep 13 2009 08:41 PM
Hi, Kyle. I just sent you a PM about Johnson Oil. John in Wisconsin
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk