Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Mr Bill My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 12:00 AM
Hello fellows, O-Kay here is my Veeder Root all done it took me three days to finish it. Things with this many gears light my fire, kind of reminds me of when I restored my Mills High Top Slot machine lots of fun. Oh and another thing I did most of it on the wife’s kitchen counter top because it had been raining out side and the garage well lets just say there’s to many projects going on in there. She was not to happy. I don’t know about proper color or how it came from the factory what I do know is that it’s pleasing to my eye.

Thanks again for all the help on line and email,

Bill,

Posted By: Mr Bill Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 12:05 AM
Click or copy and paste this link for pictures..I hope,
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f398/williamsroadster/Veeder%20Root%20Restored/?start=all
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 12:35 AM
Looks awesome! Your Wife has a very nice bench top too. You are very lucky she did not club you over the head for using it. LOL
Mike
Posted By: blacktee Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 01:09 AM
I'm impressed !!! How did you get the wheels so clean ? New, Repaint them ?

Nice Job !
Posted By: travis_towle Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 01:10 AM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME LIKEA

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004
Posted By: Mr Bill Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sat Feb 03 2007 09:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Blackteetexacogold,

To clean the wheels I used a couple of cans of Parts Wash you can see the can in picture # DSC00084 as I was spraying I used a small paint brush that I cut the hairs down very short to stiffening up things a bit but still not enough to scratch the numbers. Also I did paint a few of the numbers white and the back ground in black. I used a pin stripe brush and (One Shot paint) then polished all the wheels. Got to run should be time for one more coat of primer sealer. I’ll post a few picture later this evening.
Bill
Posted By: Vermonter Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sun Feb 04 2007 11:57 AM
Bill,
Really nice! Im working on mine now. How did you get that corrosion off? What parts did you actually paint, just the numbers? Looks great
John
Posted By: jkyocom Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sun Feb 04 2007 12:32 PM
Mr Bill,
Now you know what I go through every day. Good job !!!
One hint.....take gears off top of variator and build right side up....much easier... Build ,then put range arm plates in last.
Joe
Posted By: Mr Bill Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sun Feb 04 2007 04:09 PM
Hey Joe thanks for the tip, now you tell me. I new I should have asked one of the pros. I must admit there were a couple of times I had to walk away as I’m telling my self you just couldn’t leave well enough alone but that’s who I am it’s the gears, wheels, and sprockets that suck me in every time. I like the idea that I can slide the door open and change the price of gas; you just know someone will ask that question. Hey! got to get out side got some panel work and primer to spray. .Oh, I moved the pump to the living when the wife wasn’t looking!!! LoL

Thanks again for the help.
Bill

Posted By: jkyocom Re: My Veeder Root For My Bennett 646 - Sun Feb 04 2007 09:49 PM
Here is one for everyone.....I had built computers for several years before I realized
that the bell on a computer has the hole off center.....this is so you can turn it to make it a louder or softer chime...D'OH !!!
Joe
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk