Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:09 PM
After some moderator discussion, we're considering splitting up the For Sale or Trade forum into two sections:

Petroliana For Sale with prices

Petroliana For Sale by offers, bids

Separating the two could make it clear as to what a buyer can expect. We hear a lot of complaints that items don't have set prices. Members who don't like that could avoid the bids & offers forum.

A significant number of items start with a set price and later the seller stated it is open to offers. We're not sure about this situation. The seller should probably click the "Notify" button in his post to ask a moderator to move the topic over to the Offers & Bids forum.

Vote your choice and post your comments in the topic as a reply.

Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:13 PM
I say leave it alone. There are already too many sections.
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:14 PM
Might be a good thing but it could be confusing to.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:21 PM
My vote is to Leave it alone.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:26 PM
I think that photo's be required in the initial posting...IMHO but as far as dividing, I think the moderators will be so busy moving postings on the wrong site to the right site and it will just create more work.

Perhaps a better poll is to ask membership to choose between changing it to requiring a price or to keep it like it is.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:30 PM
Enforce the rules listed in Guidelines of For Sale.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:41 PM
BTW if you ever required prices (whether you added a forum or not) it would be self regulating as any potential buyer, seeing a sale without the price, would be quick to point that out to the seller.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:47 PM
PLEASE--Leave it alone.
Posted By: Alex Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:47 PM
Jim: This is a bit off topic, but maybe have an option in the For Sale section where the original lister can delete the item (whole topic) that was for sale so it doesn't stay there for ever.
Posted By: Mac Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 09:55 PM
I don't see the need to have two sections. For that matter, I don't know why it isn't a requirement to list a price for an item for sale. I know there is a lot of debate on this subject..price or make offer, but if a person is saying make an offer, they either don't know what to ask or are afraid of leaving money on the table. In cases where they don't know what to ask, they should post the item in the Petroliana Value section, find out what the concensus is on its value and then post it in the For Sale section with a price. They can always negotiate the price if there aren't any takers. It seems like since this site has allowed items to be listed without a price, there has been a lot of unneccessary drama on this site. One of the reasons I've been less interested in tuning into Oldgas like I used to.

Just my two cents.
Mac
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 10:00 PM
leave as is.if you dont like it,dont read it!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Mac
I don't see the need to have two sections. For that matter, I don't know why it isn't a requirement to list a price for an item for sale. I know there is a lot of debate on this subject..price or make offer, but if a person is saying make an offer, they either don't know what to ask or are afraid of leaving money on the table. In cases where they don't know what to ask, they should post the item in the Petroliana Value section, find out what the concensus is on its value and then post it in the For Sale section with a price. They can always negotiate the price if there aren't any takers. It seems like since this site has allowed items to be listed without a price, there has been a lot of unneccessary drama on this site. One of the reasons I've been less interested in tuning into Oldgas like I used to.

Just my two cents.
Mac
Very valid point Mac & in my opinion it's about leaving money on the table & not so much about being naive about the piece that's for-sale.With all the info at our finger tips, i don't see how one could not come up with a rough figure for a good starting point."BUT ALL THE SUDDEN....GOOD OL' GREED KICKS IN" & says there might be pennies on the table...........so what the heck.....make offer!
Posted By: JimT Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 10:43 PM
I feel its really not broke so why mess with it. I've come to believe that no matter what you do or how hard you try, there will always be a few people that are not happy. It would be nice if we could make it happen, but its just not possible. I for one appreciate you letting the members have a voice by letting us vote on it. Thank You Jim.
Posted By: canadianoilguy Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:02 PM
I agree with Mac... If you want to sell something, figure out what you want for it!!! I cant stand people fishing for a sucker who might throw out a big offer because hes not educated. Figure out what its worth, price it in a way thats fair to the seller and buyer and then see where it goes.

I always find it remarkable that people who list with the "make an offer" clause often have some big offer they didnt accept previously, even though its twice the "going rate" of an item... riiiiight, and you didnt accept that offer because??? This is where I go on to tell the seller that at what their last "offer" was I could sell them the same item for less... and of course they are "not buying" right now. riiiight, even though there is an offer with more money for the item waiting around the corner, they dont want to be hassled to make the assured profit... its always a good test that there isn't the big offer waiting, or at least its not serious.

If you want to argue that a price cant be put on it, then list it on a online or local auction and let the bidders determine it quickly, dont drag it out for weeks on a forum.

I would have to agree that we should all be able to list with a fair asking price. So I'm in favour of leaving it as one for sale category with everyone listing their prices.

just my 2 cents... and I'm done venting for the day.
Posted By: Utah Gas Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:04 PM
I really like this site, even with all the drama. My vote is leave it as it is, there is no way you can please everybody,and we might miss something special if you require pricing. Thanks, Dave.
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:28 PM
Oh my gosh, please just leave it. You would destroy this site in weeks. Maybe some people should get a different hobby if stuff like this bothers them. If you don't like it then step back from the computer and go for a walk or something. I would think it would be so much work and effort for the mods that it would drive them nuts. Now back to the hunt, have a good week everybody.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:42 PM
Call it a none vote ,but I voted don't care,same as the last vote on other topic. Quess I'm just able to adjust.
Jims site and the moderators ,to oversee and you should do whatever you think would be best.
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: oldnfuelish
leave as is.if you dont like it,dont read it!

I agree with Mick!!!
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Tue Nov 29 2011 11:58 PM
One thing that I've learned by being in business, (run a forum) is if you give your customers (members) options, they will Hem & Haw you to death! Example...

There has already been a poll here, about listing a price on "For Sale" items. The poll proved, that the members want a price. Thats a simple fix. No price, no listing!

If ya wanna trade, thats a simple fix, just say ya wanna trade for something.

If ya wanna auction it, thats a simple fix, Just say ya wanna auction it, bidding starts at however many dollars!

NO MORE FORUMS! Simple fix, for a simple problem!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 12:02 AM
I think a simple solution is REQUIRE all items are priced if they are For Sale. Most other sites do it and it is very simple and trouble free
Posted By: bppierce Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 12:03 AM
There's already another forum for sellers that can't list a price, it called "Petroliana Value Questions". I applaud the concern, but this might be a good one to just let the chips fall where they may.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 12:05 AM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
I think a simple solution is REQUIRE all items are priced if they are For Sale. Most other sites do it and it is very simple and trouble free

I am on board with this.
Posted By: eshaver Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 12:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Thunder II
One thing that I've learned by being in business, (run a forum) is if you give your customers (members) options, they will Hem & Haw you to death! Example...

There has already been a poll here, about listing a price on "For Sale" items. The poll proved, that the members want a price. Thats a simple fix. No price, no listing!

If ya wanna auction it, thats a simple fix, Just say ya wanna auction it, bidding starts at however many dollars!

Hey Thunder , ya got a fantastic idea !Ed Shaver
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 01:06 AM
Leave one section but delete the ads with "make an offer". As another member said "it's your item price it".
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 01:44 AM
Jim, It's your site period do what you like!
I will add my 2 cents... this isn't ebay where you have the option to start low and see if it goes up.
Use the "value wanted section" and then sell it in the for sale area with a price and a picture!
I think the rules need to be price and picture or pictures!
I agree to many are fishing or hoping to not leave $10 on the table.
Posted By: JamesD Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:06 AM
There are clearly two very different views on this subject. The difference is that people who think "prices should always be listed" are wanting to force others to do business their way. On the other hand, no one has ever been forced or even pressured to "make an offer". I too like to see a price, but respect other peoples right to conduct there affairs as they see fit, so long as they are honest in doing so. Not that hard, if you don't want to make an offer.....
here it comes......
"Don't make an offer"
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By: JamesD
There are clearly two very different views on this subject. The difference is that people who think "prices should always be listed" are wanting to force others to do business their way. On the other hand, no one has ever been forced or even pressured to "make an offer". I too like to see a price, but respect other peoples right to conduct there affairs as they see fit,

So, what you're saying is, if you have a Porcelean Powerlube sign, say 9.5 condition with no price, you shouldnt be offended by an offer of $25.00.
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:24 AM
I think the for sale forum should be changed to no price = no ad. The make offer ads annoy me.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:26 AM
Thunder... everyone of those posts on this site that does not have a price posted the seller has a price in mind they want for it. They know what they will take for it... they are just seeing if something comes in higher is all.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:29 AM
I agree John. But Thats where it should be an "auction"...
Posted By: PETRO NUT Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:29 AM
no you shouldn't be. its a sign.
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 02:52 AM
First, thanks to Jim for allowing us to enjoy his web site.

Second, you can never please everyone.

Some people listing high $$ items that the majority of the people on this site can not afford anyway may see it as no ones buisness but theirs and the buyers as to how much was paid for an item. I like to know what stuff sells for so I am better informed as to currect values but if it is not my item to sell and I do not buy it, it is really not my buisness.

Some people are worried they will miss out on a couple bucks and ask for offers, hopeing to get top money out of their item. That should be their right. Unless I really want an item, if it is not priced, I will not even bother asking, same as at the shows. Some dealers have a lot of stuff laid out for sale without prices on it. (Sort of like the one local HD motorcycle dealer)

It is Jims site and he should do as he thinks best, but the way I see it, no one should be forced to list a price on their item. It will probably sell quicker if it is marked but I for one do not think more rules are needed about what I see is a non issue. If you are interested in it, make an offer.

Did I mention, you can never please everyone?
Posted By: 5 quart Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 04:54 AM
Hi I for one hate to make offers- although once in a while i will contact seller to try to get a hint as to what price range he is looking for- Recent try went like this- Seller - I have no Idea what its worth- I offer 100.00- Reply is - Oh -its got to be worth twice that- Inside of about 30 seconds we went to -" I have no Idea what its worth" to At least worth 200.00- I say Fine -Ill take it- Moment of silence-- Seller now realizes that he has been trapped into setting a price-We complete sale and Im happy- not sure about him--Since they everytime he has something to sell it appears with a price- thanks don PS
Will be interesting to see what poll figures show after a few days- I like the old KISS thinking
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 04:56 AM
Wel said.
Sometimes it's hard to please Anyone, just ask my wife!
Posted By: JamesD Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 10:28 AM
[/quote]So, what you're saying is, if you have a Porcelean Powerlube sign, say 9.5 condition with no price, you shouldnt be offended by an offer of $25.00. [/quote]

I don't believe I "said" that, but I do agree that if you don't want to list a price or at least a ballpark figure, you realy don't have a right to be offended by offers. That is of course assuming that the offer is made in good faith as a reasonable offer, and not as a jab or insult to the seller.

I am only stating my opinion. Like I said, I like to see a price, and can't recall if I have ever made an offer on an unpriced item. But if I don't want to make an offer, I just move on to the next forum. Its not my place to tell someone else how to list their items.
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 12:41 PM
If you're gonna post it, PRICE it. If you want offers you'll still get them anyway. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 08:58 PM
I have an opinion, and it's a really good one. It's an opinion you may have never seen before, so it is rare..unique. I value it very highly, but I won't let you even get a glimpse of it. If you want it, make me an offer, and it better not be insulting.
John
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 10:22 PM
25.00? wink
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Wed Nov 30 2011 10:35 PM
Too many cooks spoil the stew! Leave it alone!
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 12:07 AM
I think there should be a number of sub sections for each state then have sub sub sections for each level of post's the person has posted. Out of each sub sub section have qualifiers to determine if the poster has enough post's then divert to a section the is diverse in the type of monies that would need to be transfered to the recieving party in exchange for the said product. This sub, sub, sub section should be listed as to the intent of the post and if there is any chance the poster will recieve monies at the advertised amount. If it wont OR cant be transfered in ownership then it makes sense to me to have a drop down sub section for those of us that just plain want to much for the thing we have. That drop down sub, sub, sub, sub section would be listed in the "Ok now whats this thing really worth" sub sub sub sub sub sector. It really seems like stuff that is priced right should be divided into the previous sub sections then divided into the pre-poster section where the postcount is not taken into account when determining the sub section it would be required to be in. I think this should only be allowed for in the appropreate age group and I think I am going to go get a samich and some grape juice. I really do think this could work but we would need to figure out the level of fines if the respect is not given to each of the sub sections and used in the proper format. I have recently heard of another way of comunicating amongst a group where only hand signals are used.
A very good example of this form of comunication is in this link
http://youtu.be/2xV3zTlgu3Q. I am curantly working on this form of communication in our home and it seems to be working well.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: reply on youtube
This is better then "99%" of the comedians I've seen. It's like watching a retarded version of Sesame Street.

LOL
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 12:58 AM
I luv u man...... That's too funny!!
Posted By: 67Chev4X4 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 07:41 AM
Now Hillside I don't want to insult any lawyers on here but that sounds like lawyerize to me. LOL
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 01:17 PM
Thats funny!! I actualy had to go give a deposition yesterday.
Posted By: Signs&Neons Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 01:27 PM
I like Nicole's idea. How about leaving it as it is - WITH addition of requiring a price (and a pic would be great too!). Pics should definitely be mandatory in "what's it worth" section - but that's another thread. Don't see that creating two for sale sections solves the problem (if it is one). It just makes one more section we will have to click into and read - instead of getting all for sale items at once. Very few will be stubborn enough to NOT read the "make offer" section, as we all don't want to miss that next prized item we are searching for. Just my three cents.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 02:01 PM
Signs&neon, everyone would still look at the best offer for sale section. LOL
I would bet 95% everyone that post something for sale with there best offer knows what they would take for it. They just are hoping for better price... and i would bet 95% of the time the offer is less. LOL
Posted By: DIESEL Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 03:25 PM
Hillside..........that's hilarious!!!
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 03:36 PM
Thanks for all the comments and opinion votes.

This is a messy problem and any "solution" would be messy as well. Hillsideshortleg made a funny, yet accurate example of how messy it could get. The Value forum is a good example. We separated the value questions away from other forums because of their growing number and because the questions were annoying some people. But some of the people who were annoyed continued to choose to go to the Value forum to see the things that were annoying them. We know so well that we can't please everyone.

Posting pictures and determining a value is, and will continue to be, a challenge for those who are just trying to sell a couple items found in Grandpa's barn. If we make a hard and fast rule that everything has to have a price and a picture, we run those new people off. Then we would hear complaints like, "The For Sale section has really dropped off. There aren't the number of items like there used to be." And we'd take a chance on losing our For Sale Moderator, who would get tired of the constant intervention for meeting the requirements.

The sellers who post items with no picture and no price, get what they get. A bunch of requests for pictures and a price, low ball offers and most likely, fewer people interested enough to take any action at all.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 04:22 PM
What was the question again?
Posted By: cormy Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 06:02 PM
Well OK...what if the item has a price... can I still make an offer to the seller ? because now it has a price AND an offer...!

I need a drink........... crazy
Posted By: Watchdog7 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 07:26 PM
2nd poll on similar subject, same results, can't please everyone.
Leave as is.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: cormy
Well OK...what if the item has a price... can I still make an offer to the seller ? because now it has a price AND an offer...!
I need a drink........... crazy

The current For Sale Guidelines say if the item has a price, you can't post counter offers or criticism of the price in that topic. Instead, you can PM or email the seller to discuss possible negotiation. But if the seller later asks for offers, the door is open to post offers in the topic.
Go ahead and have that drink. I think I may have one myself. crazy
Posted By: LOWright Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 08:10 PM
Rick,
That's some funny $#(+!..........

I still don't get what all the complainings about. Nobody here is making me read threads that i don't want to read! Leave it alone, change it ....doesn't really effect my life that much!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Watchdog7
2nd poll on similar subject, same results, can't please everyone.
Leave as is.

Poll was to split For Sale in 2 sections, seems nobody wants that. What seems like the majority wants, is just ignored.
Posted By: Watchdog7 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:04 PM
If we go with the majority [old members] the newbies & don't knows [new members] will quit posting stuff to sell.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:06 PM

What seems like the majority wants, is just ignored.

I'll bite. What is it that the majority wants?
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:07 PM
seems like most want items priced if they are For Sale, I may be wrong.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Watchdog7
If we go with the majority [old members] the newbies & don't knows [new members] will quit posting stuff to sell.

That is a very good point that I have not heard yet, I would have to agree with that.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:25 PM
seems like most want items priced if they are For Sale, I may be wrong.

I would agree with that statement. I think the majority of the members want prices listed on an item that is FOR SALE.
Posted By: Nicole Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 09:26 PM
I think if you required that a price be listed it will not drive folks away. I think in this economy folks are trying to make a buck or at least break even in their hobby, or get enough cash to buy something new.

It seems like if you post a for sale item one day, it already is on page 2 the next day.

The members of these forums are a big market for folks wanting to sell petro related stuff.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Thunder II

I dont want to come across as overbearing, but I think that a simple fix is within reach.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Oldgas

Posting pictures and determining a value is, and will continue to be, a challenge for those who are just trying to sell a couple items found in Grandpa's barn. If we make a hard and fast rule that everything has to have a price and a picture, we run those new people off.

This poll was intended to get feedback on splitting the For Sale forum into two sections:
* One with prices
* Another with no prices, looking for offers

Yet we get a solid majority to say they don't want to split the forum and also many comments that say prices should be required.

Rather than have a separate forum for "best offer" we should tell those who want to sell for offers to price your item or go away? I'm hearing most say to leave the For Sale forum alone.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Thu Dec 01 2011 11:50 PM
AGAIN! I dont mean to be overbearing, but.... Your first poll clearly proved, that the members want prices posted!

Why bother with a poll, if NOTHING is going to change?

Why have guidelines, if certain memebers, dont have to follow them?

Why post something for sale, without a price?
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 12:22 AM

Why post something for sale, without a price?[/quote]

I agree!!
Posted By: coheley5 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 12:36 AM
It is simple if you do not have a price put it in the value section , then post it with a price when you figure out one . You are the only one that knows what you want for your item.
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: hotroddeuce

if it comes down to have to list a price on everything I'm gone,

I cant even fathom the concept, of something being listed "For Sale", without a price!
Posted By: Blackout Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 12:53 AM
Then don't look at my posts
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:03 AM
I have an Idea Lets Talk about Signs, Oil Cans & Gas Pumps isn't that what this sight is about???

Lets quit complaining and Start enjoying this site. Never gonna make everybody happy. If you don't Like the way the "For Sale" section is stop looking at IT!!!!!! I can not believe that people complain so much about it when it is offered to use with "NO CHARGE" !!!!!

TIME TO LOCK THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:31 AM
Agreed!
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:36 AM
Ditto on that.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:48 AM
Thank You Jason...... finally a voice of reason.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:48 AM
I Agree!
Posted By: Watchdog7 Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 01:53 AM
I AGREE. Been going downhill, Fast.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Your opinion needed about For Sale Forum - Fri Dec 02 2011 02:46 AM
One of the moderators suggested that we could start a new forum for the sellers who want to sell by asking for offers. That way the complainers could avoid that forum.

That apparently is an impossible solution.

* If we keep the For Sale forum as it is, we will keep getting complaints about those asking for offers.

* If we require prices, we lose the participation of some new members and some who prefer doing business in a way many others do not prefer.

So there is no easy fix if we run off the minority of members who want to sell by best offer.

I agree that posting a price is the best way to sell an item. But I'm tolerant of those who think differently than I do.

The poll shows that most don't want to split up the For sale forum. The comments show that a split wouldn't have resolved anything. Thanks for your participation. We'll keep the For Sale forum as it is.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk