Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: toychaser2005 lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 01:10 PM
hi i was wondering where you guys get those little signs that mount on the top of the lubester any1 make them ?
Posted By: the poor mans museum Re: lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 01:57 PM
Bought mine on eBay. There was a guy selling some nice porcelain repro's for the major brands. Not sure if he still has them listed since I bought a Texaco one awhile ago.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 02:44 PM
Check with Gas Pump Heaven http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/GPH/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=141
Posted By: danlap99 Re: lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 06:42 PM
HI , I have two for sale, A Mobiloil Gargoyle and a Sinclair Opaline motor oil , both are NEW, never used. Let me know. Thanks, Daniel $20.00 each plus shipping

------------------
Posted By: toychaser2005 Re: lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 07:50 PM
does an 1 make um custom?
Posted By: T-way Re: lubester sign - Thu Jan 17 2008 09:27 PM
Toy:

If you want to make your own base out of aluminum or steel - I can whip up a decal for you in any brand you need.

I've done a couple and they come out nice.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Silverplate Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 12:10 AM
Can someone please show a picture of one mounted on a lubester. Thanks.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 01:40 AM
Currently on ebay
Posted By: the poor mans museum Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 02:48 AM
Well it's not quite on the lubester (or bulk oil tank) but at least it's mounted on the pump. Looked good enough with the glass cylinder that I didn't need to take up the extra room with the tank. (At least that's my excuse).

Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 03:10 AM
hey toy!!!! jim treadway is the man if you need some decals made...he made a VEEDOL 12inch for my lubster and some small ones for my fanasty veedol handy oilers!!! he does fantastic work!!! doesn`t charge you a arm and a leg and work`s very well to fill your needs....txs alan
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 11:21 AM
Looks good. Thanks for sharing a picture.
Mike
Posted By: Old Racer Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 03:34 PM
Jim,
I am glad you told us that. I never gave much thought to doing that. I like your idea Alan. Looks good. Thanks
Posted By: T-way Re: lubester sign - Fri Jan 18 2008 07:59 PM
Here ya go guys.

I made this one for myself. I got the mounting bracket off of e-Bay (it's new/reproduction) and made my own backing plate out of aluminum.

Once I had everything cut out, filed and sanded - I shot it with a rattle-can of white 'Rustoleum'.

Then I applied the decal, mounted the backing plate to the mount - and the assembly to the lubester.

Later . . .

Jim
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk