Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tetraethyl Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 02:27 PM
Sometimes it just needs to be said. Clinton Newell is a true asset to this great hobby. I know there are a lot of great guys and gals in our hobby, but Clinton has gone above and beyond for a guy he has never even met. We are blessed to have this caliber of folks to call our friends. Thanks again Clinton and I hope to be able to repay the favor some day.

Mike
Posted By: SKomatinsky Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 02:32 PM
Clinton has done the same for me and now we communicate frequently and help each other get the things that we like.
Posted By: DCpate Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 02:52 PM
Very straight up individual... Knows his pumps fer sure...
Posted By: Flatland Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 02:54 PM
Clinton Newell? You must not know the same guy I do!!! He is just a ......., wait, he is a great guy and a good friend. Definately has been a help to a lot of people, and really has a passion for the hobby.
Posted By: wolf1980 Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 03:30 PM
Definitely, Clinton has been a great friend to me and always goes out of his way to help. We need more like him.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 03:34 PM
Ditto, super nice guy to deal with!
Posted By: coke_and_stuff Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 03:57 PM
Agreed Top Notch!!! Ive done business with him a few times and always top Notch. Glad to call him a friend! A+ in my book.

Joey
Posted By: Morgan Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 04:06 PM
Clinton is Top Notch. seems oldgas has a way of running off the good guys but allowing others to say and do as they please. That's why I quit posting.

He told me he had been blocked from the site. can't even access pm's.
Posted By: open wheel Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 04:34 PM
I've auctioned off a few few things with proceeds going to oldgas. He bough a few,and I think he did it mostly to donate to our site.
With all the attention given to the complainers, it's nice to see a post like this to bring attention to good people like Clinton.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 04:38 PM
Clinton is a person whom I value as a friend and I do not have many. He has always been honest with me, helped me, and trusted me. I have never had a bad conversation, email or otherwise from him.
I do not know why he is not allowed on here, but it seems to me that he is should be reinstated now. He may have made a mistake by some standard, but trust me we all have and I look forward to him being brought back on here.
I really am a no body here as in the rest of the world, but If there was any kind of way that I could help I would do so.
Clinton I hope that you can maybe read this and look forward to seeing your post again.
Craig Osbeck
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 05:02 PM
I've had a lot of dealings with Clinton and he is completely a straight shooter! I am proud to call him a friend and I'm very glad to see a post like this that calls attention to the good deeds of a person in this hobby!
Clinton has always gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied in any dealings that we have ever had and has never uttered one bad word about others! He has the gas pump addiction very bad and is one of the more knowledgeable people on the subject of gas pumps that I have ever met! Truly an assett to this hobby and "OLD GAS".
KEVIN FRITH
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 05:34 PM
Man, it makes me feel GOOD to read all the positive posts about CLINTON. Especially from class-act-Veteran members (you know who I mean!).

I have always enjoyed CLINTON’s posts in the past & learned from them.

I still do not get it … Isn’t this just a HOBBY? Why not just RESPECT everyone regardless of what they have to say or or what they collect. If you do not like a post, why NOT DELETE it rather hurting someone with rude replies. If done with a PM, that is fine but not in PUBLIC.

I hope from now on, the high-school-BS will stop …

Henrik
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 05:40 PM
I have had good dealings and talks with him.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 06:00 PM
a positive asset to the hobby!.. cool
Posted By: Old Iron Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 06:13 PM
I don't know what happened because I don't stay on OLDGAS all day every day.But judging from what has been posted above,I've had dealings with some and communicated with others via PM and phone conversations,I'm of the opinion that Clinton is the kind of guy we need around here.Personally,I've had no contact with him but I do trust the opinions of those posting positive comments.

I'll sum up my feelings this way;it's really easy to "run them off" but it is impossible to replace them.Whoever Clinton is,his experience,knowledge about the hobby and willingness to share his knowledge and conduct himself in what is apparently an honest fashion is unique to him.WE need more people like him,IMO,not less.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 06:18 PM
Glad to see a topic with so many positive comments.

I'm puzzled about the idea that Notchcad is no longer allowed to post topics and replies on the forum. He can post if he chooses. If he is having a problem, please encourage him to contact me by clicking on "Contact" at the top of the page.
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 06:43 PM
I talked to Clinton once through a pm about a pair of clockface pumps I had and maybe doing a trade on some visibles but him being so far from me in Texas , we never really got back to one another . He seemed to me like a pretty good ol guy , and I don't post much but always looked forward to reading his posts and he kinda brought some laughter to this site , maybe it's none of my business but did someone do or say something to offend him? Any ways I hope not and hope to maybe meet some folks on here some day at some future gas shows once my wife lets me back out of my cage.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 07:24 PM
I'm embarrassed to admit, that I hadn't noticed that Clinton had not been posting... I guess I should put my head out of my 4th point of contact and "look around"...

Clinton and I have had a few "spirited" Conversations in the past... They always ended up with us laughing at the end, or at least that is what I remember.... LOL

I agree with what everyone has noted; he is an asset to the Hobby....
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 08:10 PM
Thank you everyone! Wow! Feels nice to be appreciated. I enjoy everything about this hobby and even if it takes up my off time from work ill help if I can. I mean whats better than helping someone get something they want and that makes them happy. It's like being the petrol Santa sometimes. Lots of people have helped me over the past 2 years and I owe more than I can probably ever repay. But I do my best to try! If this reply gets "approved" by the moderators and shows up then everyone of you put a smile on my face and showed me that there are real friends in this hobby and let's keep it up in 2013!
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 08:30 PM
I have dealt with Clinton a few times & have nothing to complain about him at all. Great guy to deal with & he will help out anyone if he can. Bob spirited is a good way to put having a conversation with him funny guy!!
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 08:34 PM
I agree with all of the above posts.all my dealings with him have been great.not sure why he hasn't been back though.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Jan 12 2013 10:17 PM
I've bought sold and traded a ton with him. I'm glad to hear he is not banned from the site. I agree with others he is a stand up person.
Every time I talk to him on the phone he is realy busy and behind the eight ball. I'm sure he's just pre occupird with work.
Posted By: moore798 Re: Clinton Newell - Sun Jan 13 2013 01:49 PM
Clinton,
Good to see you back up and running! grin
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Clinton Newell - Sun Jan 13 2013 02:42 PM
Mr Texas Gas pump parts.
Posted By: bowserman Re: Clinton Newell - Sun Jan 13 2013 04:13 PM
From my experience with him he is a heck of a stand up guy. Nothing but the best dealings with him.
Welcome back Clinton!!!
Hope that you are back to stay you are a true asset to the hobby.
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Clinton Newell - Sun Jan 13 2013 04:30 PM
Clinton, normally I would send you a PM.... But, you are over your limit... I imagine a lot of Members are telling you the same thing I am going too...

WELCOME BACK!
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: Clinton Newell - Thu Jan 17 2013 01:20 PM
All of the posts describing Clinton are on the mark; he is a good friend, a huge asset to the hobby, and a Petro Fanatic. I feel lucky as he and I both live in the Fort Worth area and I talk or see him often! cool
Posted By: iowaoil Re: Clinton Newell - Thu Jan 17 2013 01:32 PM
If he's having trouble logging in, he should reach out to Jim.

For two weeks I was having all kinds of trouble logging in. Switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox, I was finally able to reset my password after multiple attempts.

Most technology has 99.9% uptime, but that still leaves you with about 72 hours a year for things to not work!
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: Clinton Newell - Thu Jan 17 2013 10:51 PM
Clinton how much did you have to pay these guys for all the compliments? Just kidding, lol. Clinton is a cool dude.
Posted By: marxmobilgas Re: Clinton Newell - Fri Jan 18 2013 12:10 AM
I'm just glad I got to steal; I mean trade for his Philcheck sign, formerly owned by another oldgasser.

A little too busy for his own good but a stand up guy.

He's purchased just about every cool thing I've sold.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Clinton Newell - Mon Jan 21 2013 06:48 PM
He's hard to get ahold of,but true to his word & worthy of the wait.
Posted By: JW32 Re: Clinton Newell - Thu Feb 28 2013 12:27 PM
Finally got to talk to Clinton, he did me a big favor & I want extend my Thanks..A great guy to talk with

Jerry
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: Clinton Newell - Thu Feb 28 2013 03:09 PM
wink I too would like to welcome Clinton back to the site. After many E-mails, I met him at Iowa Gas last year. The energy and excitement he showed in the hobby reminded me of a kid on Christmas Morning! He was anxious to meet people and put faces with names. I remember he said he hoped people would accept him into our hobby. Well Buddy.......all these positive posts should give you your answer! You will always be welcome in Tucson.
Ed Steagall.
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Clinton Newell - Fri Mar 01 2013 12:57 PM
Thanks a lot guys! Way to make a guy feel good. I'm glad to have all you as friends in the hobby that consumes me!
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Clinton Newell - Fri Mar 01 2013 01:15 PM
Mr. Texas gas Pump Parts. MTGPP
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Clinton Newell - Fri Mar 01 2013 01:30 PM
Lol. Craig you crack me up!
Posted By: 983jeremy Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Mar 02 2013 02:59 AM
WOW... You win the lotto or something? I didnt think you had any friends now there coming out of everywhere..... I want to be your friend too.....LOL

But really it is nice to see that there are a lot of Genuine people on this site who all love the same thing. I have leaned a lot on this site and from my friend Clinton.

Jeremy
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Clinton Newell - Sat Mar 02 2013 03:08 AM
Jeremy, You have to have a note from you know who to be Clinton's friend now. Tell them DB.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk