Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 77859charliey odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:35 AM
sign ring inside measures 75 inches, thought a Texaco sign would fit but it falls through hole, so anyone got any ideas?

Attached picture 2012-12-27_17-17-24_958 (Copy).jpg
Attached picture 2012-12-27_17-17-32_710 (Copy).jpg
Posted By: rogerg Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:41 AM
heres what Texaco would look like
(you probably already know this)

if this helps at all

MAN LOOKS SPOT ON TO ME!!!

Attached picture texacosign.jpg
Posted By: 77859charliey Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:46 AM
when I bought it ,i was told it had a six foot ring . looked correct to me ,, a lot of poles have 72 inch rings but this one is new to me. don't know what sign will fit it
Posted By: rogerg Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 01:57 AM
time to get creative with some extensions or something!
The pole appears to be the factory pole for a 6' Sinclair HC sign. I don't have ready access to one to measure and see if that sign is indeed 75" as opposed to 72", but it is definately a Sinclair pole. One of the photos shows two poles, including one of the later Sinclair frames with a "fitter" base that fit on top of the same type of HC pole, a logical progression as Sinclair stations that used porcelain signs would have progressed from the HC (supposed 6') to the later Dino sign.
Hope this helps.
Wayne Henderson
Posted By: gasoildude Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 03:56 AM
Here is a Sinclair pole sign I took a pick of by me.

Posted By: rogerg Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 04:05 AM
partially agree with Carolinatraveler

it is definately a Sinclair pole

but

it is definately a Texaco pole also

and both signs are exactly 72"(I have both)

need to clarify: your pole may be neither but Texaco and Sinclair are the same poles and brackets
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 08:55 AM
Texaco and Sinclair are not the same poles.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 09:26 AM
One difference.

Attached picture ScreenShot010 (2).jpg
Posted By: rogerg Re: odball sign pole size ? any info will help - Sat Feb 02 2013 12:51 PM
my apologies to the original poster ......charlie

that I got off track of your original question....

I just thought if I put a picture of my sign and pole it might help for reference.

to answer that question.
I don't know of any 75" round signs right off

it will be quite interesting to solve your mystery!
look forward to the answer

I'm sure someone will solve this
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk