Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: jakoz Nourse Oil Company - Sat Jan 17 2004 07:26 PM
I've recently become involved with my husband's passion of petroliana and I've recently acquired a old Nourse can. I've been trying to find some history/background on the Nourse Oil Company. None of his reference books tell me much and I am evidently not asking the net search engines the right questions. Can anybody tell me anything about the company or give me suggestions of where to look? Thanks.
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: Nourse Oil Company - Sat Jan 17 2004 08:52 PM
First off that is very cool that you are invloved with your husband in collecting. Jack Nourse Oil Co. also know as Nourse Oil Comapny was located in Kansas City, Missouri and Omaha, Nebraska. They sold motor oil and a wide varities of oils (windmill etc..) in hardware stores mainly. Hope this helps and if you want to post a picture of the can just email me and I will post it for you. Other collectors on this site may have additional information for you. Scott in KC
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Nourse Oil Company - Sun Jan 18 2004 07:54 PM
If you had attended the "It's a Gas" show this past weekend in Columbia, Missouri you could have added about 30+ items to your Nourse collection. They are a little pricy, but still affordable. There are a few Nourse collectors in the KC area.
Posted By: jakoz Re: Nourse Oil Company - Mon Jan 19 2004 06:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Any idea of dates that this company was in business? I'll try "Jack Nourse Oil" as a search and hope to get more history. I found some pictures of a couple of cans in "Value Guide to Gas Station Memorabilia" and "Petroliana" but little else. Both of these cans have green and white as the main colors. The can I bought is yellow orange, looks, style-wise to be pretty old and is beat up. I probably paid too much for it but I still rather like it. Jan
Posted By: cans and stuff Re: Nourse Oil Company - Mon Jan 19 2004 07:00 PM
Have you searched one ebay under nourse? There are quite a few items on right now,
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=nourse+oil
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk