ECONOMY?

Posted by: Anonymous

ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 14 2003 09:32 PM

HOWS THE ECONOMY FOLKS??? WE ALL EITHER SELL PUMPS OR BUY PUMPS ,,OR BOTH?? IT HAS BEEN SLOW FOR ME, NOBODY WANTING TO SPEND ANY MONEY. THUS I HAVE NO MONEY [ AS COMPARED TO NORMAL] TO BUY/SPEND. PEOPLE THAT HAVE STUFF THAT I WATCH LIKE AN OLD VULTURE STILL WON'T SELL?? THEY ARE OKAY,,[DON'T NEED MONEY]..????? IS THIS THREAT OF WAR AFFECTING ANYBODY HERE?? GAS TODAY HERE IN IDAHO IS $1.76 AT 9 MILES TO THE GALLON,, YOU WON'T GET FAR FOR CHEAP!! WHATS GOING ON ELSEWHERE????????????? FRANK..
Posted by: djhubba

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 14 2003 10:09 PM

Hey Frank - I saw Shell premium at $2.14 a gallon here in Seattle - i didnt get any though. I have to slow down a bit on buying myself - not alot of scratch comin my way - tattoos are a luxury. Hey Lance - you still interested in that Wayne 800 Tattoo? I do trades ya know, LOL. I am looking forward to the Portland bash in July - I have more money in the Summer , so maybe I can come home with a new Pump project - whoo hoo.

Hubba
Posted by: tom 2 tone

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 14 2003 10:27 PM

$1.69 a gal. in minnesota. everything here is slowed way down. maybe spring will pick it back up?!! i know what you mean about tryin to buy things youve had your eye on awhile. they just wont let loose of nothin yet! I myself refuse to sell anything anymore. i dont feel bad cause there are alot of pump hogs around. hahahaha
Posted by: Dick Bennett

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 14 2003 10:48 PM

Gas was $1.99 on Tuesday and $2.09 on Wednesday here. I went into L.A. on Wed., cheapest I saw was $2.39. The news reported gas at $2.89 self serve.
Dick
Posted by: Dwaine Buck

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 14 2003 11:42 PM

Well boys . the big dogs is trying to get us to use less gas , get rid of the big engines ,they started back in 74 but it didn't work , now with the market in the pooper , war at hand , texas oil companys haven't pumped anything in 20 years , just inported ,at a cheap rate , they want you to get rid of thoughs big engines , you will too. or you won't go to the store when ever you want too . you see there pushing you right now and you don't even know it ,

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 12:26 AM

Heres what you want to say about it ,: Its Friday night and i just got paid, be a fool about my money and I try to save , honey says go go have a time and its friday night and I feel fine, I'm gona rock it up, I'm gona bop it up, who sang that song ,?????
Posted by: Lastgas15

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 12:32 AM

There didn't seem to be any shortage of people with lots of disposable income at the petroliana auction held in Kankakee,IL. two weeks ago.

I noticed sales on low end items were strong at the Peotone show a few weeks ago. High end items sold well too. The mid range stuff didn't sell well at all. I've seen this trend at that show for a couple years.

I don't like the high gas prices any more than the rest of you. If I need gas, I buy it. My driving habits don't change much based on gas prices. My truck gets about 8MPG.

There are alot of reasons why the stock market is doing so poorly. I don't expect a turn around any time soon. All this war talk and deficit spending isn't helping.
Bob

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 12:39 AM

well i dont like the sound of that! 454 is my magic number! almost everything i own is 454 powered! ive got those good engines all over the floor here also! i just got back from san diego & rented a 2002 mustang rag w a V6 auto. what a dog! & the gas it used was terrible. i was constantly checkin to see if the emergency brake was on! 2.29 a gal. there. small tank in the mustang & i ran up to bakersfield & back. i bought more gallons than a good runnin carbureted 454 would take i think. seems like everyone in the country owns a 350 chev xcab suburban or tahoe 4x4 or 4x2 & they are pigs with no power. the ol lady has one. man im livin just like i do now. whether gas is 5 bucks a gallon or not. nobodys taken me off the stop lights!!! i like to get there. - it will be interesting to see what happens w/gas prices. but i aint drivin no vehicle without some BIG PULL! im addicted & thats the way its been for way over 20 years. everyone else can buy yugos. ill put more hour$ in if i have to for fuel. hahahahahaaa

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 12:56 AM

Bob , Tom . you boys should be in bed, I had a 69 elcamino since you boys played slap the mouse, about 5 years ago I put a 307, with a 327 cam 350 lefters , board 30thou, put a 1961 carter 4 barrel ,a 4speed over drive auto matic-in the back , got 18 miles per , not good enough,bought a new 2000 dodge with a 318 , quess what , 14 miles per , kept it one year , got a toy v-6 keep my foot out of it , drive like an old man ha ha ha ha ,22-26 , when gas gits to 3.00 to 3.50 you guys will be looking for the old V W, ha ha ha ,and Sudam will be in south america, gitting money from the U>S> gas companys .ha ha m

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 01:18 AM

well mr.buck youd hear some solid lifters clatterin from under my hood if you were around here. thats my music. i still own my first 70 SS454 chevelle ive had since i was 18. i never drank much at all, ever. couldnt afford it. more important to flush the toilet on the 850 holley. and buy more big blocks. every dime i had then went into that tank. i live for the big power. i live up a big hill that consists of a series of hills. no traffic no houses no street lights, nothin. at night i slow to a 10-15 mph crawl then stand on it. get those tires smokin and im shoulder to shoulder. i want my neck snapped yet when i hit high gear. addicted to that pull! that makes my day!!! permanent smile!!! better than sex!!! the ol lady thinks im havin an affair or im abnormal which i am. her little dogs wont ride with me anymore. hahaha - lots of bad habits out there. thats my only one. and thats how its stayin!!! hahahahahahaa
Posted by: midway oil

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 06:48 AM

Our economy in this part of Illinois doesn't seem too bad...people still buying houses, new ones going up, new cars being sold--- I went by the local Texaco today and they are still holding at $1.61 per gallon, but the BP-Amoco down the street is $1.79?????!!!

If you go to the Ford Motor Co. website you can read that they claim that they have done studies and determined that people will not change their buying habits on SUV's until gas goes over $2.50 per gallon. Looks like it is getting there already in Calif.

News said last nite there is NO gas shortage, this is all just price gouging....
Posted by: Ryan Underthun

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 08:36 AM

Things are slow up here in Duluth, but I still seem to spend all my money. You want bad gas milage, summer is coming. Time to take out the car. Small block, Dominator carb, Powerglide with brake, oh yeah and lots of nitrous. Gas, about four bucks a gallon for 110 octane, milage about 2-3. Makes my truck look like a little economy electric or something. Maybe I will try to post a picture.
Posted by: +Chris Holt

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 10:37 AM

My other hobby is Racing , Both my boys run sprint cars, 3/4 midgits over in Canada, hook up the Ford Van to the car hauler , load tool box's, fuel,and every thing else we need to compete for the weekend, the gas gauge moves almost as fast as the tackometer, gas is still 1.70, will it hurt us this year, you bet! well be running a limited schedule ,maybe I'll get the rest of these pumps done, my wife would love that.
Posted by: Seth Robbins

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 01:51 PM

Last year was really slow for restored pumps, big-ticket items, etc. But this year's auction was the biggest we've even had and I sold about 7 restored pumps in the last two weeks, so hopefully recovery is on the way. I think once bomb's start dropping people will quit holding their breath & their wallets. $1.49 in OKC, $1.36 at Sam's Club if you pre-purchase the gas on a "merchandise card" inside the store.
Seth/Vic's
Posted by: huskybob

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 05:54 PM

The day before Desert Storm started I bought 2,000 gallons of diesel. A few days later the price of gas started dropping..... 600 oil wells on fire in Kuwait and the price starts dropping..... can anyone explain that ??
Posted by: rext@worldnet.att.net

Re: ECONOMY? - Sat Mar 15 2003 11:06 PM

YOU HIT A NERVE HUSKY BOB ,THE BOMBS FELL AT APPROX. 7PM BY MIDNIGHT WE PULLED A LOT OF PRODUCT .THE NEXT DAY FUEL DROPPED 10 CENTS, 6 CENTS THE NEXT DAY WE LOST OUR ASS .THE GOVERMENT ANNOUNCED THEY WERE GOING TO RELEASE THE OIL RESERVES & THE TURBIN GUYS SAID THE U.S. COULD HAVE ALL THE PRODUCT WE WANTED ,DOWN WENT THE PRICES .AND A LOT OF WISE GUYS LOST THERE BUTTS .LIFE IS GOOD!

------------------
Posted by: kmann

Re: ECONOMY? - Mon Mar 17 2003 09:04 AM

gas in n.y. state... 1.79 for regular... 1.99 premium.... and.... "dealers" are getting 135.00 for repop signs !!!... the world is ending !!!
Posted by: denverbronco

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 12:48 AM

Frankie....I will be in Jerome for a couple of weeks beginning March 30. Any chance meeting you and comparing stories. Wendell
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 08:32 AM

YOU BET.. COME ON UP.. YOU CAN HAVE DWAINES PRIME RIB, HE IS A VEGATARIAN ANYWAY.. I WOULD ENJOY MEETING YOU.. FRANK..

[This message has been edited by Frankie (edited 03-19-2003).]
Posted by: kmann

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 01:48 PM

hey dwaine..... how come these guys are always taking food away from you ???...

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 02:40 PM

Shucks Dwaine - c'mon to my house ...I'll make ya a nice big salad with a steak on top and ifin you dont eat the steak ...I will :-)
Hubba
Posted by: 41150

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 03:58 PM

First of all Dwaine isn't a vegetarian he likes his meat and second he's not a beer drinking driver. As far as the economy it sucks here in central CA. At the local Shell 87 octane is $1.23 a gallon. I drive mostly big blocks and small blocks (Chevys) but I got a Japanese pick-up heap that gets 26 mpg and save the nice Chevys for the weekend. Got to get the wife a samll heap and get her out of the 454 Suburban. Hope we get on with whatever we have to do to end this poor economy and the war. Ted

Re: ECONOMY? - Tue Mar 18 2003 06:39 PM

OlTed goes to that hard headed German in, stuck in Lodi agin, He and another guy in Sac refuse to raise there prices, they say there not paying anymore, the Chevron here is 209, 218, and 226, they did this also when a fire broke out in the refinnery two years ago, I still go to the same ol station where i pay 24 cents.
filler up , mr.hubba boy you got a lot of tattoos, any on your pointer, ha ha ha ha
Posted by: cans and stuff

Re: ECONOMY? - Wed Mar 19 2003 08:40 PM

Speaking of economy, there's a pair of economy overalls on eBay, from wilshire of Califonia.

Here's link, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35684&item=3600023382&rd=1

Probably an extremely rare item, Be fun to buy them and ware them to gas shows, good convsation piece.

Re: ECONOMY? - Wed Mar 19 2003 08:54 PM

Ethan , that on the back says economy stations , not the same as Wilshire . there were a lot of economys , just like Radio . some from back east, some from mid west , but only one radio high test gasoline from Wilshire , it also had the tomestone logo like economy but says radio ,did you read the book yet??? little giant of signal hill,
Posted by: cans and stuff

Re: ECONOMY? - Wed Mar 19 2003 10:10 PM

Dwaine,

Are you sure? The dude said it came from an independent western company, it's green like it's supposed to be, from economy.

I never could find the book, can you give me a link to one? Do you have any pictures of the high test stuff, the only high test thing I have saw was your porcelin sign.

There's more than one economy,and radio? What's some info on these companies? Where were they at?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions,I would just like to get my facts straight on the company.

Re: ECONOMY? - Wed Mar 19 2003 11:45 PM

Ethan , contact huskybob@huskies.net he knows a place on the net you can go for the info on little giant it should be in you local library also ,theres a little mentioned about most of the independants on the west coast , and how the small companys volanteered so many men aglong with standard and some others to go to sadia arabia in 1947 to drill and set up holding tanks for them, as far as wilshire goes , they had no other stations call economy , and thats what its says on the back of the cover-alls , people just try to make a BUCK off people that don't know . Ted and I stopped another guy today that was selling a repo flying a sign as an original , he said he goy it from some guys at a street fair , they had a lot of signs, I think Frank Sargent talked about them being up in Oregan , maybe there down this way now , just like Tidewater oi service out of I think the Carolinas or some were near , a lot of guys tried to say it was the same as tidewater from J.Paul . and it might have been but it had nothing to do with the tidewater /associated that I new , buy it if it doesn't go to high just for your pease of mind , it can't hurt ,
Posted by: huskybob

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 12:53 AM

If anyone is looking for out of print books the best place I have found is..... .... they check alot of different dealers and even Amazon. There was a book on ebay about the history of oil in Wyoming that went for over $45.00... I checked it out in bookfinder and it showed Amazon still had them brand new for $15.95.
Saved me $30.

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 12:10 PM

just gased up this A.M. $2.39 and the fires are burning ,
Posted by: T-way

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 01:25 PM

Hello everyone:

Gas in Metro Detroit is as 'cheap' as $1.68 as of this morning. Prices actually fell after the 48 hour dedline was given. Not much, just a couple of pennies per gallon. But hopefully, it will start at trend.

Sorry guys - but no way I'd live in California and put up with those prices when gas was so cheap elsewhere in the US. I'd be bugging my congressional representative/state legislature and getting something changed.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted by: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 05:40 PM

Would you be referring to the same Sacramento folks, that sold us down the river last year and hiked up our electrical cost? For the life of me I can't figure out how Gov. Davis is still in office.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 05:47 PM

If you don't like it around here. why don't you move to Oregon.
Posted by: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com

Re: ECONOMY? - Thu Mar 20 2003 08:23 PM

Boy Dwaine, that was rude! My "inner child" has been hurt. Can you see the tear running down my cheek? Can you feel my pain? Ha, you big lug. I'd vote for your or Dick Bennett for Gov. any day.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 21 2003 12:08 AM

Thanks pal and I might move to Oregon with you , this state is great , we got more okies then Oklahoma , more African americans liveing in Oakland then Mississippi , more Veit namese then Saigon, and we all get along great, there has to be 2 police cars at every school bus stop , ha ha ha Bronson Missouri looks good to, Jim are you still there ,

Re: ECONOMY? - Fri Mar 21 2003 06:10 AM

Hey Dwaine - The only thing on my Pointer is my Wife. I cant imagine a tattoo there - OWIE

hubba