Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Big B1 After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:34 PM
How long after purchase of item should you expect item to be shipped? Not items that need special shipping ( crate or oversized boxes) Smalls that would fit in oversized envelope.
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:37 PM
I try to ship all of my stuff out that day or the next day. I would say anything faster than 3 days is acceptable.
Posted By: Catauladave Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:42 PM
I ship everything with 48 hrs...most within 24 hrs. and provide tracking number immediately upon shipping. Dave
Posted By: It's for sale Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:48 PM
I ship the next day after payment. Most go priority , so the buyer usually receives the item within 4 days of payment.
Unless there is a holiday or Sunday involved.
I would say a week is plenty of time unless it takes special packing.
Posted By: s932 Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 12:52 PM
I usually try to ship the next day or so, but you also have to face the fact that some people sell so much that they only ship one day a week. Or they may live in a place where they actually have to go to the post office to even mail a letter. I know that seems out there but it still happens.
Posted By: Mantiquers Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 01:26 PM
Same or next day always
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 02:19 PM
I think, it depends on who you are dealing with. Most businesses and e-Bay sellers clearly stipulate their shipping times. Most private sellers, that sell regularly are set up to ship everyday and are more efficient and have a system in place.

On the other hand there are those like me. I don't like packing or shipping items simply because I'm not set up for it and don't do enough of it. Therefore it is always a chore and takes me a while to get it done. For me packaging and shipping is very time consuming and is one of the reasons why I don't sell on e-Bay or the web.

Being aware of this; when I buy items, I'm a lot more lenient with sellers. Most of the items I buy are collectibles and I buy them for my pleasure/fun and try not to allow them to create stress in my life. For me that would defeat the purpose of collecting.
Posted By: Big B1 Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 02:22 PM
So two weeks is a little much even if you're a little busy for small items? I paid PP gift like asked not much $27 All I want is item a least shipped and I will wait for Post office to deliver.
Posted By: marky Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 02:47 PM
where is it coming from
Posted By: marky Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 02:51 PM
i sent a money order to someone 2 day proirty and it took 4 days from what i heard in my area they are trying to stop usps on sat and all my mail goes to the main post office 2 towns away then dispatched out of there and anything big they deliver in a different truck not a usps truck and it comes at different times all the time
Posted By: advertologist Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 03:00 PM
soon as its paid for, next day unless stated.. cool
Posted By: Big B1 Re: After Sale? - Sat Nov 02 2013 03:40 PM
Marky if its first class or priority they have to move it no matter what. I don't think USPS will stop Sat. delivery it will cost to much in OT.on Monday. Piece is coming from Indiana.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk