Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Sparky27 Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Mon Sep 08 2014 11:27 PM
I lost out in bidding for this but wonder if it was real or a fake with decal. Auction house told me it was real and I lost out to a very large bid. If this is real love help finding one for sale.

Attached picture Polly.jpg
FAKE
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Mon Sep 08 2014 11:33 PM
F
A
K
E
Posted By: trifiver Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Mon Sep 08 2014 11:36 PM
FAKE ALL THE WAY
what did it go for?
decal is off centered... cool
Bad Fake
Posted By: Sparky27 Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Tue Sep 09 2014 12:29 AM
Thanks, I thought so but was wishing it was the real deal. It went for $850. I'm happy I lost.
Lucky you lost!
It's a water transfer placed on top of the glass face. On the right side a piece has flaked off and the gray from glass face is showing thru.

Very amateur. Any serious clock collector should be able to pick that one out.
Posted By: Highway66 Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Fri Sep 12 2014 09:02 PM
BEYOND FALSE.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Fri Sep 12 2014 09:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
It's a water transfer placed on top of the glass face. On the right side a piece has flaked off and the gray from glass face is showing thru.

Very amateur. Any serious clock collector should be able to pick that one out.

You can see the outline of the water transfer around the letter M !
Posted By: cak Re: Need Help On Polly Gasoline Telechron Wall Clock - Fri Sep 12 2014 09:48 PM
Good eye!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk