Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: keithia Phillips 66 paint code - Mon Jul 15 2002 05:26 PM
I am restoring a Phillips 66 pump and was told the paint code for the orange was 60352 for PPG. The body shop and the PPG distributor both told me this code is not valid. The code came from the Gas Pump Restorers book I was told. Does anyone have a different # for Phillips 66 orange for PPG??
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: Phillips 66 paint code - Mon Jul 15 2002 06:16 PM
The best way to get a paint code is to go to your favorite auto paint store (I go the the DuPont store and use Centari paint). Ask to see their fleet or commercial book. If the store has been in business for any length of time it will be a rarely used book as they now depend on the computer, it will probably be down under a stack of books. Look up Phillips, no doubt they will list a number of oranges, reds and black. Give the paint codes to the clerk and ask him to look up the codes up in the computer. When it comes up it will list on the computer screen the year it was first used. Pick out the one from the 1950's or the period you want to match. This has worked everytime I needed a paint code, the trick is to get a paint store that will work with you. I know the years are listed for DuPont. They will also tell you if they can provide the color in base coat/clear coat if they is what you want.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk