Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Rjhart123 having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:08 AM
I have had a bad encounter with the fellow member Notchcad buyer beware i purchased a Sinclair hc lubester plate and a Sinclair washing sign for 1140 dollars over a month ago I I sent him payment thru paypal once payment was received I lost all contact with him so I sent him message thru here and finally got a response saying phone got broke. AnyhowIi did finally receive the lubester plate after a month but I still haven't received the washing sign so i filed a dispute thru paypal hope i get my 815 dollars back.. He did message me thru here saying i needed to fix the paypal issue I told him I wanted my sign i bought or my money back and no response since after several trys.. SO BUYER BEWARE OF NOTCHCAD
Posted By: Mike M. Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:41 AM
Indianationals, Notchad...... As the great late DB would say "stay away or you will pay" lol
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 03:02 AM
He was on oldgas today at 4:04PM.
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 03:13 AM
Has he had previous bad transactions on here? 1100 dollars is alot of money I don't get why he can't ship my sign or at least explain what's going on? I shouldve just walked away from the purchase but never thought it would turn into this so again hope nobody else has to go thru this with him.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 07:46 AM
I dont know this Notchad, but I have seen his name around here. This is completely unacceptable! And, as Mike has stated, if there is a history of this guy doing such things, Jim, why is he still aloud to be a member? If a fellow member BS's someone out of even a penny he should be banned from these boards.
Posted By: intagas Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 09:38 AM
Guy is bad news,stiffed me on an ad glass.Non payer.
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 10:09 AM
I have bought and sold both with Notchad and know him personally. Never had a problem NOR have I heard of problems...
If his phone broke and thats all he has for internet then Im sure he will fix this upon receipt of his new phone.
Isnt the washing sign TOO BIG to ship? Sounds like he shipped lubester BUT couldnt ship washing sign?
Im NOT trying to make excuses for him BUT Im sure he has an explanation....
Ron, You and Clint are both friends of mine...Let me know if I can help in mediating this situation. Good Luck!
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 10:25 AM
The guy has a loooong history of not following through after he says he'll buy something. I don't recall hearing anything bad about him as a seller but I can't say I'm surprised.
My advice is to proceed with the PayPal dispute and get your money back.
Posted By: TJammer Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 10:36 AM
A while back he replied to a want ad, I had posted.
While we never exchanged goods or money, he did say he would send me pictures of the item he had. Pm'ed him a couple times, with no results.

The guy lacks integrity in my books. What he says, and what he does are two different things.
Posted By: carson Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 11:00 AM
I'v been a member of this site for a while. This is not the first or second time i'v heard people complain about this seller. although iv never delt with him.
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:17 PM
Not as big a deal as yours,but he's the only person I've ever had a hard time with here,since I became a member.

I listed some items for sale on here awhile ago,and NOTCHCAD (Clinton) was the first to reply in the topic saying "I'll take them".
I then proceeded to get more interested buyers after him saying they want em too.
I replied to all afterwards that they were spoken for,then contacted NOTCHCAD via PM,email & phone #,asking him how does he want to send payment?.................crickets.
This went on for 2 weeks.
I then contacted the others after him who were interested whom I told they had already sold,asking them if they still wanted em,as the first went AWOL.
Some said yes,and I proceeded to go ahead and make arrangements with the then 2nd in line.
Then suddenly NOTCHCAD came out of the woodwork saying he'd been busy @ work,and that his phone & internet went dead and payment was coming to me.I then told 2nd in line to please wait as the first in line came back...But again,nothing appeared from NOTCHCAD.
As time went by,I was then so frustrated,I emailed the 2nd in line again saying they were yours,when I then get an email from paypal saying my payment from NOTCHCAD had arrived.Nearly 1 month after I initially started my ad here.
I apologized to the 2nd in line for wasting his time,and reluctantly sold the items to NOTCHCAD,but I wouldn't do business with him again if he was selling life preservers while I was drowning.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:23 PM
There have been a number of topics in the past about members being unable to reach Notchcad for extended periods.
Type " Notchcad " in the Google Custom search at the bottom of this page.

He has a number of times not followed through on his statements that he will buy something. We have gotten complaints that he has been very slow in shipping large items.

But I haven't gotten a complaint about him not shipping at all. He does have quite a few happy customers.

Since Paypal does have a time limit, I recommend getting a refund on any deal where the seller is unresponsive before the time limit is ended.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:54 PM
Jeez….sad to hear. Its to bad stuff like this happens. It seems like these transactions should go nice and smooth ya know?
Posted By: Notchcad Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:14 PM
As explained numerous times, having a bit of troubles getting anyone to ship the washing sign besides freight. And with the filing a claim on PayPal and them taking away the payment would you still be expecting the sign? Thanks for those who told me this stuff was posted and know who I am. For those who wanna cry and have nothing better to do.... Send me your addresses and I'll send you some tissues.
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:15 PM
Yea this isn't my first go around with him roughly 2 years ago I spent over 10k at one shot with him but that time I did a bank wire transfer well that was the wrong move I didn't think I was ever going to get the signs I purchased it took months to get them. I swore I'd never buy from him again then 2 or 3 months back I posted a item on here for sale and he contacted me but I had already sold it he then said he had these 2 signs he would sell me and he apologized for what happened last time and swore these signs would go out right away and here I am here posting a bad experience well I may have been fooled twice but it won't happen a 3rd time I promise you that...
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:18 PM
If it's such an issue with Shipping man up call me don't say phones broke busy at work etc.. they make pay phones still 5135436656 call me . i I understand the effects of a busy life or work schedule but to say something is shipped when it's not it's wrong give me a few I'll post pics of the text messages stating the truth..
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Notchcad
As explained numerous times, having a bit of troubles getting anyone to ship the washing sign besides freight. And with the filing a claim on PayPal and them taking away the payment would you still be expecting the sign? Thanks for those who told me this stuff was posted and know who I am. For those who wanna cry and have nothing better to do.... Send me your addresses and I'll send you some tissues.
AT LEAST THEY WOULD BE GETTING MORE THAN I RECEIVED...
Posted By: intagas Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:23 PM
Dude,you're texas toast
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:47 PM
This was a text message on Sept 17 with him saying both signs were going out together if that's the case why did I only receive one sign

Attached picture Screenshot_2014-10-14-11-39-36-2.png
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:55 PM
Here was the message I received thru oldgas.. all along it was supposed to be already shipped now today he says he's having trouble cause it needs to be Shipped by freight. All we ever needed was communication but I guess some people would rather take your money and run...

Attached picture Screenshot_2014-10-14-11-51-26.png
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:57 PM
That message was received on Sept 30 on oldgas
Posted By: Mike M. Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 05:55 PM
For those who wanna cry and have nothing better to do.... Send me your addresses and I'll send you some tissues.

You know where you can stick those Tissues!

IMO If your having problems shipping something, why tell the buyer it's shipped and why not just tell him (and maybe this is hard for you to do) the TRUTH that your having problems right away and not 2 weeks later.

This is a big reason why we all will miss DB. He was very proud of this site and how it made our hobby so much closer for everyone. Handshake deals on here should go on without these problems. If you can't handle the deal go elsewhere and do your deals.

I have purchased too many items on Old-Gas to remember and never once have I had a problem contacting a member or getting the item.

In my opinion Clinton, if you don't want threads like this, stop doing deals you can't follow through with members!!
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
For those who wanna cry and have nothing better to do.... Send me your addresses and I'll send you some tissues.

You know where you can stick those Tissues!

IMO If your having problems shipping something, why tell the buyer it's shipped and why not just tell him (and maybe this is hard for you to do) the TRUTH that your having problems right away and not 2 weeks later.

This is a big reason why we all will miss DB. He was very proud of this site and how it made our hobby so much closer for everyone. Handshake deals on here should go on without these problems. If you can't handle the deal go elsewhere and do your deals.

I have purchased too many items on Old-Gas to remember and never once have I had a problem contacting a member or getting the item.

In my opinion Clinton, if you don't want threads like this, stop doing deals you can't follow through with members!!
VERY WELL SAID!!!
Posted By: Notchcad Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 07:16 PM
Well said. Ill take the blame. It's 100% my fault. thanks for the shout out Ron.
Posted By: intagas Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 08:07 PM
Bye bye, and don't come back.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 08:48 PM
Well I will have to speak up on Clinton's behalf on my dealings with him. He has never backed out of a deal, always shipped within a reasonable time as he is busy as we all are. Never has he stiffed me or not done what he has said.

I am in fact happy to say that I have enjoyed dealing with him and his help on my projects. He Has bent over backwards to help by even sending items without any payment or asking for it.
Can not speak as too other members dealings but this is what I have found with him.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 08:54 PM
...and he has a good sense of humor.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 09:20 PM
Always been right by me,above and beyond!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Tue Oct 14 2014 11:53 PM
I have never bought any thing from him but sold him several things. Each time it took longer to get payment until he did not pay for an item. After that I refussed to do busines with him.
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 12:16 AM
Sounds like there's more bad to say than good anyhow I'm not here to cause drama but all i can say is after 12 hrs and even posting my number on this thread i still haven't received a call or message explaining what happened. People can make there own decisions about this member. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or anything I'm just saying he's not going to do business with. If I was in his shoes I'd called right away and either talked it out or refunded the money.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 10:15 AM
Sounds like he picks & chooses whom to do good business with, I'm not a fan of public forum "call out" but after reading his smart azz comments and needing some tissues cause I'm out....I decided to chime into say that he has purchased from me in the past and not followed through, numerous attempts at contacting failed and when he finally responded he had a similar half baked story and/or excuse. I have no time for people like this so like stated by many above "buyer/seller beware".....I simply won't do business with him or those who defend him ! Z
Posted By: Big B1 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 01:23 PM
I had shipping problem with him long time ago and just wont do business with someone like that again. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me! Still waiting for tissues!
Posted By: Bbburke Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 02:14 PM
I have two questions. Will you answer if the cry babies call? Can you figure out how to ship the tissues? After all, these people are clearly upset right now. Getting the tissues a couple months from now will not help.

Ron, give up on getting this issue resolved. I'm not sure why you would want anything from this guy anyway at this Point.
Posted By: Rjhart123 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 03:01 PM
I don't want anything at this point just waiting to be refunded thru paypal. Once money is received I'll be done.. I'm just aggrevated because I sold my washing sign to upgrade since his was nicer if I'd known this would've happened I'd just kept my sign..
Posted By: Bbburke Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 03:11 PM
There will be another one
Posted By: wolf1980 Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 07:59 PM
Just wanted to chime in that I've done some business with Clinton and feel he is a good guy. Yes sometimes he is slow to respond because he's busy but I've not had a problem with him. I hope you two can resolve things amicably.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 08:13 PM
So H1Hummer, we do not even know one another, but because I spoke up with positive dealings with Clinton you are saying you do not want to deal with me ?? How can you draw that conclusion ?
Posted By: jkyocom Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Wed Oct 15 2014 10:40 PM
I have not had a problem with Notchad.
Mine right now is with Bob Holliday @ Bob's Garage in Marietta GA
Has only pd $200.00 on a $672.00 bill from July. mad
Beware.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Thu Oct 16 2014 12:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
So H1Hummer, we do not even know one another, but because I spoke up with positive dealings with Clinton you are saying you do not want to deal with me ?? How can you draw that conclusion ?

Craig, I've actually met you twice at Portland swap....I don't know.....are you defending him in this matter ? Seems to me you were just stating you've never had an issue with him, I'm okay with that and as stated he seems to pick & choose who he does good business with, myself and several other people obviously have not, if you think that not paying, not shipping, not calling or contacting people is okay then I guess I would choose to not do business with you also.....however I don't think that's the case. I simply do not have time for people like him or those that think it's okay. Z
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Thu Oct 16 2014 12:49 AM
Of course I do not feel that the things that you said were ok. Was just stating that I had no problems with Clinton and he always treated me fairly. Who in the world would think that those things were ok ? Business is Business, just stating my dealings with him.
Hopefully I have not had someone on the short end of the stick in a transaction such as that. I even try to send out items before payment is sent most times just to get the stuff to people. The parts may not be worth much, but are helpful to people in their restoration projects.
I just wish I could remember half the people I meet, or at least 1/10 of their names.
Posted By: trifiver Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Thu Oct 16 2014 03:09 AM
Craig , your a class act guy .
One thing we all find out . Very hard to please all !
Some time the truth hurts!

Sid
Posted By: tomzcollectiblez Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Thu Oct 16 2014 10:48 AM
Originally Posted By: H1HUMMER
I simply won't do business with him or those who defend him ! Z

Craig, I agree! Noone was definding Notchad....There is NO DEFENSE other than HIM making things right...Which is what I tried to do by posting my advice and opinion.

Ron, Please let us know when you get a full refund! smile
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Thu Oct 16 2014 11:07 AM
His user name is NOTCHCAD.
Posted By: st.rod Re: having a problem with a fellow member - Fri Oct 17 2014 11:29 PM
His name is Clinton. Sounds like bad situation. But I have had no problems with Clinton.

Larry
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk