Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SKomatinsky Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Fri Dec 26 2014 07:20 PM
My uncle just purchased a pump (I do not know what kind of pump right now) and wanted to have it restored. He dropped off at a person that does some antique restoration and it has been sitting untouched for 9 months. He is ready to move on and if someone knows anybody that does restorations in the Southern New Hampshire, Northeast Mass or Southern Maine areas it would be helpful.

Thanks

Sean
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Fri Dec 26 2014 07:27 PM
Tell him to check with the nearby body shops as we do them for customers here at mine. Most body shops that do restorations on old cars will do the pumps also!
Try Mike Horton in Milton, NH. I'll email you his contact info.
Ron
Posted By: keithia Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Sat Dec 27 2014 12:13 AM
Mike Horton as Ron said. He is a member here also. Gaspumphobbyist

Gas Pump Hobbyist - Custom restoration of old antique gas pumps. Clockfaces, ... Mike & Sandy Horton Milton, NH 03851 603-652-7388
Posted By: TerryL Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Sat Dec 27 2014 12:40 AM
Good Luck Sean, I had a pump at a body shop for 7 years and went and picked it up, (not painted). It is still sitting in my garage and still looking for someone to paint it.
Body shops are NOT the place to get anything done but, who is?
I had another pump that I did get back from a body shop after a year and a half.
I sure hope you have much better luck than me.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Sat Dec 27 2014 01:40 AM
Sean, I'm in PA right now on a road trip, when I get home I can get you a few names who can do decent restorations for REASONABLE money. Rick
Posted By: JeffS Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Sat Dec 27 2014 02:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Tell him to check with the nearby body shops as we do them for customers here at mine. Most body shops that do restorations on old cars will do the pumps also!
Things are definitely different at your shop. Around here, almost all body shops only accept work from insurance claims.
Many thanks for the feedback from everyone. Some great leads to people that restore pumps in that neck of the woods.
Originally Posted By: TerryL
I had a pump at a body shop for 7 years and went and picked it up, (not painted).

Terry, I would have pulled that thing out of that shop after three months.

The body shop near my house is good about it, but you definitely have to shop around and do your homework though. They are all different.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Mon Dec 29 2014 03:18 AM
Originally Posted By: TerryL
Good Luck Sean, I had a pump at a body shop for 7 years and went and picked it up, (not painted). It is still sitting in my garage and still looking for someone to paint it.
Body shops are NOT the place to get anything done but, who is?
I had another pump that I did get back from a body shop after a year and a half.
I sure hope you have much better luck than me.

Thanks Terry for that Gift!!!
Not every Body Shop out there does business like you describe. If You left a gas pump at a body shop for 7 years.... you don't deserve the right to put down any Body Shops as we pride ourselves on Customer service and anything that takes longer than 7 days to start working on is just taking up space and shouldn't be in my shop.
As with anything one bad egg doesn't need to take the whole bunch down.
Posted By: TerryL Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Mon Dec 29 2014 09:12 PM
Mike, Please accept my apoligies. I did not realize it was my fault that a body shop left my pump sit for 7 years after they had disassembled it and never done anything more.
The other body shop painted another pump and left it sit for a year before they buffed it out and charged me $350.00 more than they said it would cost to begin with.
Again please accept my apologies for this great customer service they provided me. I guess I am just too impatient.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Looking for someone to restore a pump in South NH - Mon Dec 29 2014 09:24 PM
You got some issues there Terry!

I just don't want to lose business / customers because you used a body shop that has ***** customer service.

We are independent companies and are not all alike!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk