Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Shell4fun How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 12:49 AM
This is a picture from My Grandpas Shell station. He owned it from 1962-1976. How likely would it be to find all the stuff in the picture? Is it a goal that I could feasibly accomplish. BTW the stations wasnt by the beach. His last name was Beach so the beach balls were a gimmick play on his last name and the name of the station "Beaches Shell".
To me, it doesn't seem as though it would be overly difficult. It may take several long years to gather that much stuff, but given that it is 2 VERY large brands(Shell and UniRoyal) and from the 60s, most items pictured should be fairly common and inexpensive. If it was a small brands from the 20s, and you were trying to recreate the storefront, then yes, it would be very difficult and costly. But, its common, later model items, so with patience, it can and should be done.
Good luck!!!
Posted By: hri_2008 Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 01:35 AM
I like the Shelltox, instant death.
Posted By: 60wayne Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 01:42 AM
Why not? Go for it. It will be fun !!!!
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 01:49 AM
Go for it Jon! That'd be cool.
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 03:30 AM
Recreating that display should be doable and it would be really cool too.
Posted By: texacokie Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 03:41 AM
You should be able to find it all, it will just take some time. Half of the fun is the thrill of the hunt and then the satisfaction of the score. Enjoy the hunt and the folks you meet and the friends you will make along the way.
The paper and cardboard signs will be the hardest to find.
Like Luke said, lots of Shell stuff out there. It wouldn't be a difficult undertaking. You are probably looking at the $30,000.00 plus mark, if you wanted to stock it with near mint cans and items to imitate the new retail items look and feel.
Posted By: Jack Sim Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 05:27 AM
Start out by clicking on the "Events" tab near the top of this page.
Then mark you calendar for all the shows listed, there is always plenty of Shell items at these shows.

Wish I had saved some of the things from the Shell station I had.

Jack Sim
Posted By: eshaver Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Sun Feb 08 2015 10:59 AM
As a Movie prop maker , this scene is realistic over the more modern TBA displayed within the office . Sure , it's going to cost in the hundreds , perhaps a few thousand realistically . Still, it's something that could be re created .
Posted By: PLUM_72 Re: How likely would it be to recreate this scene? - Wed Feb 11 2015 06:20 PM
Love it! I always thought recreating a gas station office would be a cool way to display a collection.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk