Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Markus Gsell Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 06:12 PM
Hi gas pump enthusiast,

I’m not new here but I guess it is my first thread.
I have a very nice Wayne 70. See photos. I installed a small motor which makes the meter running in a nice and realistic manner.

The perfect solution would be when I get the original internals (motor and so) see picture page_1
Normally these parts will be thrown away before selling a restored gas pump.

Does anybody of you have this kind of parts ?
The parts from the first page_1 are the most interesting parts for me.

Regards and take care

Markus

Attached picture Wayne_70.jpg
Attached picture Wayne_70_Build 130.JPG
Attached picture Page_1.jpg
Attached picture Page_2.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 06:16 PM
Markus, Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your search for information!
Posted By: Markus Gsell Re: Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 06:22 PM
Thanks...I'm sure it will not be easy...smile
Posted By: advertologist Re: Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 06:25 PM
welcome aboard .. ... cool
Posted By: Markus Gsell Re: Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 06:35 PM
Thanks...here some pictures from the restoration of the meter...

https://www.magentacloud.de/share/jyu7g10xzj
Posted By: Mike M. Re: Wayne 70 internals - Tue Jan 15 2019 09:03 PM
Welcome to Old-Gas
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Wayne 70 internals - Wed Jan 16 2019 03:27 AM
Wow! Never thought I’d see the day when people would actually seek out and buy pump guts....
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Wayne 70 internals - Sun Jan 20 2019 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by 57-Chevy
Wow! Never thought I’d see the day when people would actually seek out and buy pump guts....

I did:

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=153476&page=1
Posted By: Markus Gsell Re: Wayne 70 internals - Sun Jan 20 2019 11:25 AM
@ 57-Chevy....Yep....me too...and it's really not easy to find these internal parts...I think it would be real cool when the meter will be driven by the original motor....
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Wayne 70 internals - Sun Jan 20 2019 06:10 PM
If you did have the guts it would have to be pumping a liquid to make the computer turn. That is one reason some collectors use a electric motor to make it look like it is running. If you were in the U.S. it would not be hard to find the guts. Wayne 70s are pretty common and can still be found with guts. One problem is the weight, some collectors would not be willing to ship them. It might be easier to buy another pump with guts and just leave this one gutless. There are many makes and models out there that can be purchased with the guts still in them.
Posted By: Markus Gsell Re: Wayne 70 internals - Sun Jan 20 2019 07:04 PM
Hi Matt,

Yep...I agree...it would be the most easiest way to buy a complete and unrestored Wayne 70.
The problem is the huge size with the crating works, and the weight....and this leads to very high shipping costs.
Posted By: SWABBY Re: Wayne 70 internals - Mon Jan 21 2019 03:12 PM
Good morning Markus...I just recently stripped out two 70's, and have all the items you listed...Not sure at this point how heavy and how big of a box it will take to ship...You can
have the parts for free...Give me a week to gather all the parts, weigh them and I can give you a weight. I will need a shipping address..I think we can pull this off, just need a little time...
send me a pm with any details (address) and we can go from there...Warren (SWABBY).
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Wayne 70 internals - Mon Jan 21 2019 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by SWABBY
Good morning Markus...I just recently stripped out two 70's, and have all the items you listed...Not sure at this point how heavy and how big of a box it will take to ship...You can
have the parts for free...Give me a week to gather all the parts, weigh them and I can give you a weight. I will need a shipping address..I think we can pull this off, just need a little time...
send me a pm with any details (address) and we can go from there...Warren (SWABBY).

...there you go!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk