Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Semitar6 VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Thu Apr 23 2015 08:16 AM
Outside of a book, I've never seen another example of this light. This is a S.H. Leggit Company Gas Light. S.H. Leggit was created in 1945 in Marshall MI. & both the tank and the light are tagged that way. Interestingly, S.H. Leggit is still in business and are now located in Texas. Unfortunately, the propane tank cannot be shipped with the light, which isn't that big of a deal collector "value" wise but if your in the Michigan area, you are certainly welcome to the tank as well. The light itself has two different company tags on it but only one is pictured here. Email if you would like to see a picture of the extra tag.

$250.00 with free shipping for Domestic U.S. customers.

Attached picture 100_2567.JPG
Attached picture 100_2570.JPG
Attached picture 100_2572.JPG
Attached picture 100_2569.JPG
Posted By: JimT Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Thu Apr 23 2015 09:17 AM
Construction light?
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Thu Apr 23 2015 06:14 PM
Originally used for traffic detours from what I read but I would imagine they were also used for construction.
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Mon Apr 27 2015 05:39 PM
I was finally able to get my gas light restored, so I'm lowering the price of this one to $200.00.
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Tue Apr 28 2015 02:15 AM
That's different.
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Tue Apr 28 2015 05:41 AM
Well I have another example of this light but it needed a sliding door and a hinge. So, in the back of my mind I was thinking, if this other one doesn't sell, I can just cannibalize it for my light. Fortunately, someone found the door for me so, problem averted....
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Sun May 10 2015 08:49 AM
Will be taken to on site auction house next week on May 16th.
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Fri Sep 04 2015 02:39 AM
Now accepting fair offers for this item.
Posted By: Semitar6 Re: VERY RARE S.H. LEGGIT COMPANY TRAFFIC GAS LIGHT - Fri Sep 04 2015 03:23 AM
The light has sold...thank you
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk