Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SandPCollector OG Benefit Auction - Wheaties License Plate set - Sun Jun 13 2021 09:17 PM
An auction for the benefit of Old Gas.
I’m donating this complete set of 1954 Wheaties miniature metal license plates and USPS Priority shipping (to the US Only) to be auctioned for the benefit of Old Gas.
Having done some research on this set I know that Wheaties issued them in both 1953 and 1954. This is a complete set of 49 1954 plates. Fun fact, the Maryland, Missouri, Wisconsin and District of Columbia plates show a 1955 date which was the expiration date and not the issue date. Same thing in the 1953 sets those 4 plates showed a 1954 expiration date. The District of Columbia plate was only available if you sent in 4 box tops and a dollar to purchase the entire collection from Wheaties.
The largest plates are roughly 5 inches by 2 ½ inches.
100% of the proceeds will go directly to Old Gas! So keep that in mind when you bid. Let’s raise a few bucks for our favorite website!
This auction will end at 9:00 PM Central Time on Sunday June 20, 2021. Winner will be notified by PM for payment and shipping instructions.

Attached picture GroupA.jpg
Attached picture GroupB.jpg
Attached picture GroupC.jpg
Attached picture GroupD.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector OG Benefit Auction - Wheaties License Plate set - Sun Jun 13 2021 09:19 PM
Some pictures of the advertising.

Attached picture Advertising.jpg
start it off at $50. .. ... cool
Posted By: gaspumpg Re: OG Benefit Auction - Wheaties License Plate set - Mon Jun 14 2021 02:52 AM
I will go $150.00
Bump.
Posted By: Skydog Re: OG Benefit Auction - Wheaties License Plate set - Sun Jun 20 2021 05:59 PM
$200 is my bid.

Greg
Thank you!!

Thanks to Greg for his winning bid.
PM Sent.
Thanks to the other bidders, I do appreciate it very much.
Thanks to everyone else for looking.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: OG Benefit Auction - Wheaties License Plate set - Mon Jun 21 2021 03:13 AM
Thanks so much to SandPCollector and all the bidders for your generous support of Oldgas.com.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk