Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone

Posted by: lotsakegs

Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Fri May 23 2014 05:13 PM

Just a very cool and unusual sign. Probably 1930s give or take. Measure 8' x 4'. Guessing this is probably the only one of these out there.

Rock of Ages Corporation is a granite quarrying and finishing company located in Graniteville, Vermont. It was founded in 1885

Has a picture of a gravestone under a tree although I say it looks like a gas pump to me, lol!

Dont' mind the glare in the second set of pictures, the sun was pretty bright. Its a deep blue. There is some obvious porcelain damage but also some of that is paint that comes right off. One side is just a little better than the other.

Asking $2250 obo. Odd subject matter but don't think you'll find another.

Can deliver to CTO show in Columbus.

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Fri May 23 2014 05:14 PM

more pics with glare
Posted by: porcelain-neon

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Fri May 23 2014 07:57 PM

I have that same sign up in my backyard, on the original poles, and have seen several on ebay over the years.

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Fri May 23 2014 08:09 PM

OK good to know didn't think there was very many out there - at least I haven't seen any till now, lol. Figured it must have been made to be in a bracket. very nice!

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Fri May 23 2014 08:13 PM

unable to pull up even a single one in my research. at any rate taking offers, still pretty rare
Posted by: jbrooks

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sat May 24 2014 01:38 PM

there was one of these for sale at the Elephant Trunk flea market back in April. I think he was asking $8000 for it

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sat May 24 2014 02:37 PM

Wow, this is a steal then, lmao. Dropping price to $2000 obo -- need to make some room around here.
Posted by: marky

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sat May 24 2014 02:43 PM

wow makes me wonder, this is one in my town here is the web site

http://www.rockofages.com/

mark

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sat May 24 2014 03:02 PM

This particular one came out of Georgia
Posted by: gasmelincelr

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sat May 24 2014 09:14 PM

My parents included a tour of Rock Of Ages quarry on their honeymoon in 1964. I want to go check it out someday. Picture is a still from their home movie taken on 8mm.
Posted by: TennesseeJohn

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Sun May 25 2014 02:37 PM

Theres one at a shop in Floresville Texas I saw a while back

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Tue May 27 2014 07:28 PM

$1750 ready to go

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Tue Jun 03 2014 04:17 PM

dropping to $1500 - good price

Re: Huge DSP Rock of Ages Monuments Sign w/ Gravestone - Wed Jun 11 2014 11:54 AM

Last chance. Will sell for $1350. I don't want to haul it around. Should be a good price...