Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: mobil100 Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 02:16 AM
looking for a Standard Crown rotator. or parts.
Has anybody ever reproduced these.
Andre
Posted By: Thunder II Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 02:35 AM
Gas Pump Heaven has those....
Posted By: mobil100 Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 11:05 AM
Those are for displaying a globe on a shelf or where ever. i need one that will fit on the 6 inch globe ring on a pump
Posted By: travis_towle Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 06:11 PM
Man how cool would that BE! Get me a patent number and a few photos of an original and I have a guy here in town that can make one for you. He is CHEAP but he is GREAT with details.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 06:32 PM
There is a Standard collector that post here on the site that built some of these and i can't find his number or e-mail. I have a few pictures of one he made and you can use it on a pump.

------------------
Check out GASNSHAKERS.COM

E-mail me at petronut@aol.com
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 06:40 PM
Maybe Kim will post his reply if he is reading.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 01-20-2007).]
Posted By: TeeTee Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 08:04 PM
Are you looking for an original Standard Crown rotator? These were made to accept the 7 inch base on the crowns and fit in to a 7 inch globe ring on the pump. I could post pics of an original if that is what you are looking for. I also have extra motors for the originals if anybody is in need.
Posted By: mobil100 Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sat Jan 20 2007 10:28 PM
HI!. Do you have a phone number for the fellow making the 6 inch rotators. thats perfect for what i need. Andre
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sun Jan 21 2007 12:25 AM
Here is Kims last e-mail i have... it's from 2004 so i don't know if it's current or not. He is the one who made the rotators in the pictures. He made some in 6" and 7".

No spammers e-mail Kim now! LOL
*kimlox@earthlink.net*

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 01-20-2007).]
Posted By: richburris6 Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sun Jan 21 2007 01:22 AM
We have a G&B 87 double that we are working on now, it has dual rotating globes that are timed. I don't have any pics because we have it disassembled right now awaiting paint. The mech. that is in our pump is a little more complicated but I think that is due to the timing of the two globes. Rich B
Posted By: SuperAmerica Man Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sun Jan 21 2007 02:45 AM
The email Jarvis posted is still good.
(John, put asterisk before and after so I don't get email from Nigeria. LOL)

As Tee Tee has mentioned, these are not the Original Standard Rotators for a 7" Crown base. Those are kinda hard to find and maybe priced only for those who are a "purest" type collectors...I want one but am waiting for one to sell below 300-500. If you have or find one don't hesitate to get a new motor from Tee Tee.

There also is another older post on Oldgas of this conversation, when I find it I'll update with the link.

As for the current status of the one I offer, it is a little different. Mine can have a 6" base w 6" globe or 7" base w 7" globe or 6" base & 7" globe, you get the idea. Heavy enough to sit on a shelf or table on its own. Can also be screwed down to without an existing flange mount if your pump top allows. I made these so they could be added to a finished pump which would already have a painted globe mount, that way you could always have flexibility. Can be made in Nickel plated, painted or primer. Should be rugged enough to work outside on your yard pumps and can be easily rebuilt, but I doubt it would ever need it. One may have to remove the conduit or light socket so that nothing is above the existing globe mount, but otherwise should work on almost any pump.

For those of you who emailed in interest, Thank You. We will continue discussion outside of Oldgas.

Will post updated pics tomorrow evening.

Regards,
Kim

------------------
Posted By: K F H Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sun Jan 21 2007 02:14 PM
Hey Jarvis - I viewed the earlier post that had a photo of a rotator that was painted white? Is this the same rotator pictured before paint or a different one?
Kurt
Posted By: SuperAmerica Man Re: Standard Crown rotator - Sun Jan 21 2007 11:37 PM
Here are some pics:

On the pump 7"base x 7" globe mount.

A few I made with Nickel plate, which most of my parts are. Were for a friend whose pumps were on display atop Wayne 615s at a Petroleum convention.

Here is an original Standard rotator.

The ealier post where these were discussed was also posted on 1-5-2005 but cant get back that far for a link (?).

Regards,
Kim

------------------

[This message has been edited by SuperAmerica Man (edited 01-21-2007).]
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 12:20 AM
The Globe rotators that SuperAmerica Man makes WILL work for any globe. The original Crown rotators will ONLY work with Crowns [& MAYBE the Clam SHELLS w/ an adapter ring], because of the way the motor is mounted off to one side.
db
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 12:38 AM
Kurt, I hope Kim answered your question. Kim asked me to delete the 2 pictures that showed how they were built. He put a lot of time and effort into his design and I don't blame him for editing his picture showing how they are made. He is selling them for less than half of what an original would cost and his can be used on all globes.
I posted the pictures he sent me over a couple of years ago when were talking about them and when this topic came back I posted them before I asked. That was my fault.

------------------

Posted By: archimedes Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 12:46 AM
How much? Those are too cool!
Posted By: K F H Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 02:00 AM
John - I understand completely. I was just curious if the "white" rotator in the earlier picture was one of Kims or another manufacturer.
Awesome job on your design! Looks like I will have to hunt for a real masterpiece to display on one of those rotators!!!
Kurt
Posted By: travis_towle Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 09:44 PM
Here is the best I could find with out the patent number:

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT2608779&id=hnpZAAAAEBAJ&pg=PP1&dq=advertising+rotate+gasoline#PPP1,M1

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT1754829&id=je5nAAAAEBAJ&dq=advertising+rotation+gasoline&jtp=1#PPP1,M1

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004
Posted By: texaspelican Re: Standard Crown rotator - Mon Jan 22 2007 11:11 PM
I'm interested in one also
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk