Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: pasngas ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 12:22 AM
heip?? anybody got any good ideas on installing ad glass in ms 80 high top its the rectangle glass do you put the glass in the rubber then install or rubber in top then try to install glass thanks
Posted By: sslick68 Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 12:40 AM
A polyeurothane spoon and a very little cooking grease will help to work the rubber gasket on the door.Take your time and dont force it.The poly spoon will not scratch the paint either.

------------------
Posted By: richburris6 Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 01:03 AM
On this particular pump you install the glass into the top first, cut out the inside lip in the corners on the back, and then install the glass working in the top first, then the sides, then the bottom. That is if you are using repo parts, if you are using original rubber you pull it in with a string. Rich B
Posted By: pasngas Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 03:03 AM
thanks appreciate responses i'll give it a try
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 04:10 AM
I put the rubber in hot water or let the sun warm it up, makes it easier to install.
db
Posted By: jkyocom Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 09:31 PM
Does anyone use string???? That is how I used to do it. But not on that pump. Never did one of those.
Posted By: texaspelican Re: ms 80 ad glass - Tue Jan 23 2007 10:15 PM
I use a little WD-40 instead of cooking oil....cooking oil could attract little roaches and other insects. Also like DB said, sun, warm water...I use a heat gun but you can use a hair dryer to sofen the rubber.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk