Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: howietrout Wayne pump value and number - Tue Oct 10 2017 03:34 PM
I have a Wayne pump which may be a 851 series from the 1930's and wanted to confirm that's correct. I also wanted to see if I can get a value before I look to sell it. It is an older restoration and the internal pump and such are no longer inside. I have attached some pictures for viewing and any help on the questions would be greatly appreciated.

Attached picture wayne1.JPG
Attached picture wayne3.JPG
Attached picture wayne4.JPG
Attached picture wayne6.JPG
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Wayne pump value and number - Tue Oct 10 2017 04:34 PM
Yes, its an 851 but I am a little confused by your last picture. It appears that the internal framework is not there? If so, there is nowhere to mount the original clock and the clock mechanism would have to be mocked up onto the face plates. The light manifold would also be non existent. Am I correct? The picture looks to be taken from the bottom.
How is the visiguage attached? Does the top just slip off and the sheet metal lift off?
Looks like you just have some 851 parts that are kind of laying on top of each other?
Posted By: cggas Re: Wayne pump value and number - Tue Oct 10 2017 05:25 PM
I got the same impression as Kevin? Chris
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Wayne pump value and number - Tue Oct 10 2017 05:59 PM
What does the tag bottom right corner of back say. Might be a fantasy Pump. Odd spot for a Id tag?
Posted By: cggas Re: Wayne pump value and number - Tue Oct 10 2017 11:52 PM
Only has 1 face & bezel. I’m saying repo, fantasy piece. Chris
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Wayne pump value and number - Wed Oct 11 2017 12:33 AM
Time sentry?
Posted By: gasmansgp Re: Wayne pump value and number - Wed Oct 11 2017 11:54 AM
Pretty sure that this is a fantasy piece. I have seen a few pumps assembled from odd parts which fits this bill. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk