Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gjjoe Value of Neptune model 211meters - Thu May 31 2018 01:22 AM
Need help help valuing these two 1 1/2" Neptune model 211 meters, also age of the units. They were used to pump diesel and were in operation up to 1982, the last date on the state inspection sticker. The units are complete, the faces are in excellent condition and everything will clean up

Attached picture IMG_6387.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6388.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6386.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6394.JPG
Posted By: tbuckles Re: Value of Neptune model 211meters - Thu May 31 2018 01:54 PM
Putting a value on these is difficult for several reasons. First it's my experience that these are not exactly what I would call collectible, I've never been asked about buying one and I sell a lot of collectible gas pumps.

However that's not to say that someone might find them interesting to set on the shelf.

From a salvage standpoint I don't see many parts that could be used on a clock face pump.

From a actual commercial use of these, I have no idea if there is a market for them.

If your looking to sell and have no idea of value I'd stick them on eBay at a low starting price and see what happens, to me that would indicate if they have value.

Tom.
Posted By: gjjoe Re: Value of Neptune model 211meters - Fri Jun 01 2018 12:09 AM
I agree with all your comments. You don't see much of a market for meters like this.

They are cool hardware, I'll probably clean them up and display them in the garage.

There is a similar meter for sale on Ebay now asking $325 Buy It Now. It looks more like a unit used for water. Here is the search info; 1920's TRIDENT BRASS FLOW METER w/SIMPSON LARGE DIAL GLASS FACE - gas / water

I found the units in rural eastern Colorado at an old closed down Diamond Shamrock.

Thanks for the response Tom!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk