Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Brooke Full restored Gas Pump Value - Sun Apr 19 2020 05:36 PM
Hello!

I have done research looking into the worth of this Texaco Gas Pump. It has been restored. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on the worth of the red bulk oil pump as well.

Thank You!

Attached picture IMG_1825.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1826.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1823.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1589.jpg
Posted By: minuteman Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Sun Apr 19 2020 07:55 PM
And what value did you come up with after doing your research????
Posted By: Brooke Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Sun Apr 19 2020 07:58 PM
I have not been able to find an exact model but it seems in the range of $2,000 but I also have found very similar ones that were 3,000 + so not exactly sure what to make of it.
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Sun Apr 19 2020 11:11 PM
Think you need to keep on checking ! You should check old and recent auction sales . Go to some shows et’c. Like everything else there is a high middle and low price depending how bad someone wants it . I believe your projected value is off . But that’s just my opinion . Big auction house prices are not a good indicator of true value unless it is a rare or high demand item. Certain attendees at certain auctions get juiced and throw dollar’s at items quite often inflating the prices. Research on items that i find are part of the fun of collecting .Thinking back when I was new to this hobby old Dick Bennett would lead me to the edge but let me do the leg work to gain the knowledge and answers i was looking for . Miss him ! Good hunting to you .
Posted By: minuteman Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Mon Apr 20 2020 12:03 AM
Well I’m definitely no pump expert but it looks like a shorty pump that would not have a globe holder as I don’t think it’s old enough.
The model number is fuzzy but looks like a 585 and I was quite sure they should be taller than that pump and would have a globe holder.
If it’s a shorty I would say your close at 3k and the lubster I would say is about 250.00.
Posted By: petropumps Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Mon Apr 20 2020 02:48 AM
Very common pump...585 is right. Looks like a decent restoration but I think $1500 is the realistic price on it. Lubester I agree with Kim...$250 or so.
Posted By: Speedracer Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Mon Apr 20 2020 04:14 AM
There’s a couple other factors that come into play in my opinion.... what’s the inside look like, is the frame, painted, powder, or rusty? Was the computer restored and turns, or is it crusty and just the numbers showing were cleaned? Is it rewired well?

Just some other things to consider.

-Steve
Posted By: Blair Underwood Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Mon Apr 20 2020 02:23 PM
Since this is what I do for a living, Petrolight.com, looks like a nice job from pictures, so I would say $2500.00 low end, $3000.00 normal retail. Lubester, restored should bring $300.00 to $400.00.
Posted By: petropumps Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Thu Apr 30 2020 06:08 PM
Looks like they have the pump down to $2200 on facebook...no takers.
Posted By: oldpumpjack Re: Full restored Gas Pump Value - Mon May 04 2020 02:42 PM
If you have not sold it. Take it to Indy for the Mecum sale you might get retail that way. LOL.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk