Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jolly-John RADIO GASOLINE Globe. Wilshire Oil Co. - Tue Feb 28 2023 05:52 PM
Wondering about today's value on a Wilshire Oil RADIO GASOLINE globe. Complete, on a 15" metal body. Both lenses are very good. Thanks. John

Attached picture 007 (862x900).jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: RADIO GASOLINE Globe. Wilshire Oil Co. - Tue Feb 28 2023 06:53 PM
are you sure that is original, in your photo it appears too be same markings below gasoline -

center of S and across the bottom of the O ?

any possibility of a photo of back of lens's ? .. ... cool

Attached picture 1aaaaradlen.PNG
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: RADIO GASOLINE Globe. Wilshire Oil Co. - Tue Feb 28 2023 07:10 PM
Very good of you to be concerned, Randy. I am aware of the reproduction of this globe that is available these days.

The photo I posted is from an in-person auction about 15 years ago. The globe brought pretty good money at that time. I'm pretty sure the people attending that auction would have spotted any repo disclaimer wording at the bottom of the lens. I'll get my magnifying glass out, and see if I can make out the wording shown in the photo. Again, thanks for posting. John
Posted By: T-way Re: RADIO GASOLINE Globe. Wilshire Oil Co. - Wed Mar 01 2023 12:31 AM
"Property of Wilshire Oil Co. inc."
Posted By: Jolly-John Re: RADIO GASOLINE Globe. Wilshire Oil Co. - Wed Mar 01 2023 03:26 AM
Yes, T-way. With my magnifying glass out and the photo in the bright sunlight this afternoon, that's what I was able to read in the picture of the original RADIO GASOLINE globe I posted. I see the reproduction Radio Gasoline globe photo that Randy posted shows the year it was made in the 12 o'clock position on the lens.

Still looking for opinions about the value of an original. Thanks. John
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk