Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: TILLER Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 01:35 PM
Been offered this sign (pic is off buys off the week) and i'd say the 1 for sale is a 9. Super color and the flame is still there. Whats it worth ?

Attached picture Amoco.jpg
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 01:38 PM
You didn't mention whether it was plastic or porcelain? or perhaps another metal painted sign. material is everything when estimating a value in #9 cond.
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:44 PM
what do you think of my wife, (pic is off the internet), she looks similar but her hair is different and so are her eyes, she also is older and actually quite different than the picture. Oh, she does have 2 breast though. What do you think
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:57 PM
KZ,
Without a picture of the actual woman in question it's tough to come up with an opinion. Condition is important. Any visual flaws? Has any restoration work been done on her? Can she cook?
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 03:25 PM
KZ,
W/O seeing the actual pic of what you have, I recommend you do the trade even IF you have to throw some money in the deal! laugh
Posted By: TILLER Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
You didn't mention whether it was plastic or porcelain? or perhaps another metal painted sign. material is everything when estimating a value in #9 cond.
Porcelain
Posted By: TILLER Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 04:08 PM
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
what do you think of my wife, (pic is off the internet), she looks similar but her hair is different and so are her eyes, she also is older and actually quite different than the picture. Oh, she does have 2 breast though. What do you think

sorry kz, i didnt have a camera with me while i work
but i see your wife has a picture of u as well

Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 04:23 PM
What did they offer for you to haul away?
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 05:09 PM
HI-JACKED THREAD!

Back on track... I've seen the porcelain 60's-70's priced @ $175-350 price range. Low end for single sided and high end for double sided.
Posted By: TILLER Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 07:21 PM
HI-JACKED THREAD!

Back on track... I've seen the porcelain 60's-70's priced @ $175-350 price range. Low end for single sided and high end for double sided.
i guess the 750 is out the question
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 07:53 PM
Pricing is only an Opinion as you haven't posted a picture of sign your looking at.
IF you want a Real opinion, post a picture of the Actual Sign in question.
Posted By: always lookin Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 07:55 PM
I had a nice 1970s plastic complete one.... 200 bucks that was all I could get
PS That is my GF, I wont ever have the other :))
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 08:08 PM
Rick that was awesome! From the picture they look like reproduction
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Amoco sign w/flame - Tue Mar 29 2011 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: TILLER
HI-JACKED THREAD!

i guess the 750 is out the question

For $750....I'd want it to be on a 9 cond pole w/working lights, delivered! wink

Yes $750 is about 2-3X more than what you'd want to pay.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk