Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: johninlongview fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 01:16 PM
I found a mae west 10 gallon for sale. It's been blasted at one time, no rust, solid base, has all the gallon markers, top, handle, and a new reproduction acrylic cylinder. It's all apart and needs restored. Seems to be complete except hose and nozzle...I offered $800 for it, and then found out the guy wants $1600. Is that a fair price these days? Please advise and thanks in advance for your help...........John
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 01:23 PM
he's a bit high in my opinion but I'm not looking at the parts either. With an acrylic cylinder, I would think $1000 to $1200 depending on metal condition.
Basket cases can be a nightmare sometimes??
Posted By: rogerg Re: fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 01:43 PM
Personally, i would be over there with 1600.00 fast!

I think 1600.00 is more than fair

Ive got more people after my fry than any pump i own

Posted By: petropumps Re: fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 09:02 PM
I think Kevin's right on the mark. I personally wouldn't go that high due to my hatred of buying pumps that are apart...invariably they are missing pieces you didn't realize at the time. Good luck.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 09:47 PM
I wouldn't do any more than $1000. As petropumps said, THERE will always be parts missing on disassembled pumps. Missing parts could be the reason it was never finished by owner.
Did you take any pictures of any/all parts?
Posted By: Catauladave Re: fry gurantee may west value 10 gal - Thu Jun 06 2013 09:55 PM
These guys are on the money. Are all the "big head" bolts there.Pump shaft collar(usually "buggered up")? Bottom doors ? Familiarize with the pump and do an inventory. 1000 cash in hand IF complete. These guys know... Dave
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk