Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 1320Fan Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Tue Jul 04 2017 04:18 PM
Is the Southwest Expo a good place to buy/sell? Are there usually good vendors there? Interested in making the trip.
Posted By: puregas Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Thu Jul 06 2017 03:51 AM
Hey Dave,
Show is a small show but there are good vendors there. It's a good place to sell as well. Last year Saturday seemed off. A lot of vendors pulled out on Friday. I checked this morning and the Comfort Inn still had rooms for Friday night. In past years it was sold out weeks ahead so I don't know. You'll likely find something to buy and will be able to sell things if you choose to bring items for sale. Only negative is that you can almost always count on some rain. Forecast for next week looks like 60% chance Thursday through Saturday.
Pat
Posted By: puregas Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Tue Jul 11 2017 12:54 PM
Is anyone on here going or do people just not bother to post?
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Tue Jul 11 2017 09:12 PM
Don't think people post much Pat. I would love to attend but that is our shutdown at work and cant make it. Great area to visit.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Tue Jul 11 2017 10:34 PM
Small show but growing. Anyone going that has a interest in old motorcycles needs to go through Wheels Through Time Museum. Just down the street.I don't know where else you can see so many bikes under one roof.
Posted By: Signs-R-Us Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Wed Jul 12 2017 01:06 AM
Lots of activity at the fairgrounds this weekend.
Besides the
S.E. Gas & Petroleum Show there will be the
Hillbilly Rods Car Show
and the Chevrolet C-10 Nationals
Posted By: carolinaskies Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Wed Jul 12 2017 05:30 PM
I plan on going down Friday and Saturday.
Posted By: 1320Fan Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Sat Jul 15 2017 11:09 PM
I had a great weekend at Maggie Valley SO East Gas. Rodney runs a great show and takes care of everybody well. I sold 2 one gallon oil cans in good condition on Friday to someone that gave me half the money and was going to comeback for them. If you see this add or know who he might be PM me and I will ship them to you or bring them in September to you there. Dave C.
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Maggie Valley July 15-17 - Mon Jul 17 2017 10:13 PM
...did anyone take photos of the stuff offered at the show?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk