Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gasmansgp Dixie Gas - Sun Mar 22 2020 12:04 PM
Latest news.....Got a text from Chip last night asking me to tell everyone that Dixie Gas has been rescheduled until May 7th, 8th and 9th. If this changes, he will notify us as soon as possible. Paul www.severngaspumps.com
Posted By: Larry Nace Re: Dixie Gas - Sun Mar 22 2020 01:03 PM
Thanks Paul for letting us know.
Posted By: 57-Chevy Re: Dixie Gas - Sun Apr 26 2020 04:16 AM
Got the word from a friend yesterday that Dixie is a GO!

Important Information Regarding Dixie Gas....Please Read Everything:

After careful consideration and after a thorough review of local, state and regional data, we have decided to proceed with the Dixie Gas Show on May 7-9. This decision was not made lightly, and is given with input from me and other physicians. The Shelter In Place order for TN will expire the first week of May. Many surrounding states will also see their orders expire in the next few weeks as well. From an epidemiological view point, we feel that the chances of infection would be much lower if the show was held just as things were opening back up. If we postpone to later in the summer, I believe the risk would be higher, seeing that more people will be out in larger crowds as we advance in to late May and in to June.

We considered asking people from known COVID-19 hotspots to avoid coming to the show, especially given that this would lead to a Koban-free event. However, it's Dixie and we don't discriminate. Therefore, if you can help us practice the social distancing guidelines below, we would love to see you at the show.

IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS:

1. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell or other respiratory symptoms, please stay home. We have a large population of older participants at Dixie....many of which have come to the show for 20+ years. Help us keep them safe.

2. Avoid shaking hands. This is a tough one for me and many, many others. We all understand what's going on right now and we all know that, during this time, not shaking hands doesn't make us rude. It makes us cautious.

3. Keep some hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in your pockets as there aren't sinks available to wash your hands at Dixie.

4. Practice Distancing. Please try to keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and people that are not members of your immediate family.....even if they don't look sick. The vast majority of cases (we believe around 80%) have been contracted f
Posted By: SodaJim Re: Dixie Gas - Thu Apr 30 2020 12:53 AM
As many are keeping a close eye on updates relating to Dixie Gas at Chip's, I will be attending provided the show is a go!
With this said, I will be traveling with an empty cargo van from Ocala, FL to the show.
If someone has something needing a ride to the show along my path traveling north along I-75, contact me to discuss arrangements.
From Sevierville, TN, I will travel north along I-75 to northern Cincinnati, OH for a day and re-trace my steps...
Hopefully helpful, Jim - 772*834*3271

Attached picture dixie_gas_drive.jpg
Posted By: garyh Re: Dixie Gas - Sat May 02 2020 03:18 AM
What's the "Parking Fee" price this year for spectators?
Posted By: SodaJim Re: Dixie Gas - Sun May 03 2020 09:32 PM
I know it's an extreme long shot; but, you never know until you ask ! ! !

Anybody heading east through western Wyoming, Dubois to be exact, and on to the Dixie Gas show...?
I have something that would need a ride: an old wall mount barber pole.
Contact me for details. Thanks, Jim - 77two*834*327one
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk