Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Jackie Knott - Sat Jun 27 2020 08:03 PM
I got an email today from Jack's wife saying that he passed from cancer this morning. Jack was a big Sinclair collector, one of the original 6 that met up that led to the Iowa Gas show. Jack got a lot of my money over the years when I was building up my collection. He always treated me fair on prices and his wife almost always had a cold Pepsi and a home made cake for us when we stopped by. The majority of the items in the Sinclair collectables book (by Benjamin and Henderson) were from his collection. He was a good guy in the hobby, the Original Mr Sinclair.
Posted By: RedHat Re: Jackie Knott - Sat Jun 27 2020 08:06 PM
Sad to hear, my condolences to all his family and friends πŸ™
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Jackie Knott - Sat Jun 27 2020 08:53 PM
My sympathies to his family and friends.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Jackie Knott - Sat Jun 27 2020 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear of Jackies passing. One year at Iowa he had a sign I was interested in but I was on my bike. I asked if I bought it, would he mail it to me? He said sure thing and a week later it was here.

A photo of Jackie from the current issue of PCM.

Attached picture IMG_4576.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: Jackie Knott - Sat Jun 27 2020 09:51 PM
My condolences to all that knew him. RIP.
Posted By: okoil1 Re: Jackie Knott - Sun Jun 28 2020 11:00 AM
Jackie was a pioneer and will be missed, he and my dad were contemporaries.

My first encounter with Jackie was in 1989 at Iowa, He had found quite a few palm tree trop artic quarts. Some were NOS and some various amounts of wear. I was in high school and had limited funds. I was making a pile of the rougher ones, he stopped me and said β€œson.....you need to buy less and choose the better cans.” Bought 4 and still have two. ( I think they were $40 each). It was a nice early lesson for me.

RIP Jackie.
Posted By: nebrgas Re: Jackie Knott - Fri Jul 03 2020 02:05 PM
I "discovered" Jackie in the pre-internet days when I started collecting. Found his name in a CTOs or PCM magazine and purchased a 48" Sinclair from him. Saw him at Iowa Gas for many years thereafter and always a treat. Condolences to family and friends.

Dave
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Jackie Knott - Sat Jul 04 2020 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear this,R.I.P. Jackie.
Posted By: 66phillips Re: Jackie Knott - Thu Jul 16 2020 01:24 PM
Jackie was one of the good guys and his wife was wonderful. The best two Sinclair signs I ever owned came from Jackie. He will be missed!

Attached picture 21x34sopaline1.jpg
Attached picture 21x34spenn1.jpg
Posted By: gaspumpfrank Re: Jackie Knott - Thu Jul 16 2020 01:35 PM
R.I.P. Prayers sent
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk