Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: van Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Mon Feb 15 2010 09:15 PM
This is in the Feb.15 issue of Antique Week....15 miles Northeast of Louisville, Ky....harrittgroup.com.....812-944-0217...A LOT of stuff...for you guys in the area...
DEF SOME NICE QUALITY PIECES IN THIS ONE!
Posted By: publicenemy1925 Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Tue Feb 16 2010 02:04 AM
Awesome collection of stuff! Wish it was closer.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Tue Feb 16 2010 02:43 AM
http://www.harrittgroup.com/GILLENWATER/GILLENWATER.html

OUTSTANDING VINTAGE COLLECTION
2 DAY ABSOLUTE AUCTION
COUNTRY STORE & GAS STATION ADVERTISING
Gas Pumps & Globes - Oil Pumps
Petroleum Memorabilia - Thermometers
Lighted Clocks - Slot Machines - Peanut Machines
Barber Chairs - Lighted Barber Pole
Oertels 92 Beer Memorabilia
FRIDAY, FEB. 26, 10AM - SATURDAY, FEB. 27, 10AM
THE CLARK COUNTY 4-H FAIRGROUNDS
9608 HWY. 62, CHARLESTOWN, IN
15 Miles Northeast of Louisville, KY
INSPECTION
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 1-6PM
Posted By: oillease55 Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Tue Feb 16 2010 12:24 PM
I've known Connie Gillenwater for years. Definately worth attending. Not sure if I can make it. Hope he's in good health ;;;;;;;;;;Ron
Posted By: aquartlow Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Tue Feb 16 2010 03:47 PM
The auction is about 150 miles from me, will try to make it.

Mick
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Wed Feb 17 2010 12:39 PM
I'm going to try and make it too as it's only an hour from me. I've never been to Peotone so glad this one is closer.

Brian
Posted By: puregas Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Thu Feb 18 2010 04:05 AM
Called today to make sure Connie is well. He's fine. Said he decided it was time to part with his stuff. He's keeping a few pieces but this is pretty well everything. He'll still be at some shows. Pat.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sat Feb 27 2010 02:21 AM
Saw Connie today, still full of bull. The sale went good, prices were about any normal auction, nice pieces went good. He had alot of hard to find stuff, cant make it tom, so I left a bunch of bids. I hope Jarvis don't break the Golden Tip globe I am going to buy tom.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sat Feb 27 2010 02:51 AM
Hey Phil. Glad you got some stuff today. Did you happen to remember if they had the Speed Cement sign today or not? I was just wondering what it sold for. I can't make it tomorrow either.

Brian
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sat Feb 27 2010 11:24 AM
The speed cement sign sold for about $150-160, I almost bid on it for you.
Posted By: KYGULF Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sat Feb 27 2010 02:52 PM
Ok, thanks for the info Phil. I appreciate it!

Brian
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sun Feb 28 2010 11:03 PM
Phil,
You didn't buy that Golden Tip globe? LOL It brought stupid money... went way to high!
You want to see see it i have it on my shelf in the basement. What was i thinking?
Posted By: PennWheelerPetro Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Sun Feb 28 2010 11:15 PM
Anyone know what the super frigid test can went for it was the last one I needed to have all of them?
Posted By: bustermonty Re: Auction...Country Store/Gas Station.... - Mon Mar 01 2010 01:03 AM
I think $60 for choice of that and the thermo. I was talking to John Jarvis and should have bid LOL
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk