Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wes Hague "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 09:43 AM
ONLY A WEEK AND A HALF TILL "CHECK THE OIL " COLUMBUS OHIO GAS SHOW,CAN'T WAIT ,,BRING IT ON !!!
I'll be there wed-sat set up with Bustermonty.
Greg and I both have LOTS of killer signs for sale!
Stop by and say HI!!! See you there!!!
Posted By: bustermonty Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 01:45 PM
Between Tom and I we will have something for everyone. Our two spaces will be jammed full. You probably want to be there when we unload. Look for the Chevy
(can I say that anymore) pick up and Ford Flex. Can't wait!
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 03:14 PM
All I have left to do is load up with CASH , LOTS of IT ! LOL !! spent lots yesterday in an auction..gotta go get some more,,
Posted By: Blackout Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 03:47 PM
I'll be there for a couple days if I ever get confirmation back??? Am I the only one that has not recieved it yet?
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 06:32 PM
didn't think they ever sent a confirmation out Russ,, I just usually call down there and ask if all is OK ..
they don't have ground floor rooms at this place,,,
Posted By: hotcidr Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 07:29 PM
I did receive an email confirmation this past week.
Ray
Posted By: grabber Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Sun Jun 13 2010 09:08 PM
Just got our rooms (thanks Wes for the info) and looking forward to the show! I've never done the "stay at the host hotel gig" before so it should be a blast...If anyone is bringing any beat up porcelain 30 inchers, pump plates or cool highway signs/road signs I'm your guy lol...
Posted By: Pegasus Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 14 2010 03:07 AM
I've read thru all the posts so far on this and the other Columbus Show topic, but don't see any comments about the show setup/sell timing. The registration packet I received, under the heading "show policies", stated "exhibitors please do not display or engage in transactions before the show begins at dawn on Friday". It also stated elsewhere that the show has been "shifted to a Friday/Saturday show to help those of you who must work long week-day hours during this difficult economy". It also states that "exhibitors may pick up their packets and claim their spaces at 4PM Thursday afternoon".

My recollection is that in past years most outside vendors were setup and selling by early afternoon on Thursday. I set-up last year for the first time (before noon) and did 90% of my sales on Thursday. In other years, as a buyer I always arrived mid-morning on Thursday, saw everything available, and didn't return on Friday becuase little (if any) new stuff gets there Friday. Sounds to me like the organizers are serious about not starting until Friday, except for room-to-room sales Thursday evening.

So, for those of you planning to sell.....what are your plans? Is this a "real" change from past shows or just another policy that won't be enforced? Trying to decide when to get there as a buyer only this year.

Richard
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 14 2010 09:32 AM
I have been at this show for years as an outdoor vendor. I have always been "in trouble" for being there on Thursday. What I could never understand is how they can let room to room selling on Thursday and not let the outdoor vendors sell till Friday.Seems unfair as I pay more for outdoor space than someone does for a room. When I asked the promoters they really didn't answer me. I will be there on Thursday again this year,if the promoters give me any "trouble" this may be my last year as sales,and vendor count last year were poor at best.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 14 2010 12:16 PM
John,,,, you gotta be there,,,, you have the biggest display of stuff for sale than anyone,,,besides you have good cold beer, LOL<<< just sell anyway , what are they going to do kick you out,,,,not likely!! they kick you out and a whole bunch of guys will leave,,,besides I hate rules,,
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 14 2010 12:18 PM
are you going back to Des Moines this year again ?
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 14 2010 10:56 PM
Hi Wes, Thanks for the kind words,I can't wait to see you there. Missed you at Carlisle,had to drink all the beer alone.LOL. I will be at Iowa again this year.
Hey this is Rick with LeBaron Sign Service. Lookin forward to seein everybody this year at the C.T.O. Columbus Show. This time we will be outside in front instead of the in the ballroom. From what I heard of the changes to the show,...everything should run smoothly. So bring out your rusty damaged shot signs for restoration estimates.
Posted By: puregas Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Fri Jun 18 2010 01:18 AM
Called this afternoon to give my credit card number to get a room. Kathleen told me that Friday night was booked solid. Apparently Check the Oil only has so many rooms blocked. Hotel
doesn't have any extra as they are booked solid. Unless there is a cancellation, will have to move to the Hilton Garden for Friday night. That's what I get for procrastinating! Pat.
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Mon Jun 21 2010 09:00 PM
Getting ready to pack for the show,if anybody sees anything on my website and wants to make a deal email me and I will deliver to the show,I am going to be in a real selling mood once I get there and all offers will be considered. Looking forward to seeing you all there, Thanks, John www.gasstuff.com
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 12:46 AM
Looking forward to seeing you John,,,
Posted By: roger cherry Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 12:43 PM
Make sure all you guys going take lots of pictures for the poor people on here who can't make it this year.
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 02:09 PM
Roger, if you sold me that "Pittman" globe you would have lots,,,, BUT, then I would have to stay home, LOL !!!
Posted By: 5 quart Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 07:20 PM
Hi Look me up- I will be inside somewhere unless I sell everything thurs nite- ?????- I can dream cant I- stop and see Me- thanks don
Posted By: Gas stuff.com Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 08:21 PM
OK so there is room to room on Thursday? I will be in the parking lot with a LOAD! At least 150 signs and about 20 globes, All offers will be condidered. Thanks
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Tue Jun 22 2010 11:46 PM
I am bringing a Calso globe, a cool 30's 20" vacuum gauge, some signs including Federal marine propeller, Rock Ridge Lake directional arrow, different Atlas battery, etc.; Atlas display cabinet; good smalls, odd cans, maps, pinbacks, Esso name badge, etc.
Posted By: hotcidr Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 12:39 AM
I'm looking for one or two FANTASTIC signs for in the house since I'm selling my garage collection. Ray 805 6985296
Posted By: puregas Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 03:57 AM
Got a room through Friday night, so I'm set. Don't have much to sell this year. Will have some stuff out in room. Heading out tomorrow so I can sleep in Thursday morning. See you there! Pat.
Posted By: theChandlers Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 07:20 AM
We will be set up in the room as well as having an outside space.We are bringing signs, cans as well and about a dozen or so thermometers.See everyone there. Thanks Lenny
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 07:13 PM
John, I'm here, where are you ????? I'm thirsty,,,,,, LOL !!! NOT !!!!!
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 09:16 PM
Just added some more stuff to bring: Esso Rent A Car light up sign; Buddy L Texaco tanker; 1914 Ontario license plate; small porcelain pegasus; Chippewa indian chief head display; license plate toppers; neat little Carter carburetor tin box; and more. Also lollipop signs including Phillips 66.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Wed Jun 23 2010 10:42 PM
Dad and I were going but he had an accident yesterday and is recovering from that. Maybe next year.
Posted By: puregas Re: "Check the Oil " Columbus Ohio Gas Show !!! - Thu Jun 24 2010 11:28 AM
Got here yesterday afternoon. There were a lot of people already here. Hotel is nice. The room suites make it nice for selling out of your room.I think the show is going to be good. That also seems to be the general consensus from the people that I spoke with last night. Fixing to go get some free breakfast. Pat.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk