Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wes Hague Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 11:08 AM
This older restoration double Bowser visible sold for $30,000.00 plus 10% Buyers Premium and 13% HST = $36,900.00
( Reproduction globes )everything else looked to be original, not sure about the nozzles either.

Attached picture 022.JPG
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 01:39 PM
WOW wonder what that makes this one worth? Frank

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Man that is crazy!!!! Frank that one should be worth quite a bit more. Very nice pump smile
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 01:50 PM
Wow and the globes don't even match. How crazy is that? If I was going to spend that kind of money them globes better match! Haha
That Gilmore is one BEAUTIFUL PUMP!
Mike
HEAVY $$
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 03:31 PM
How about a real nice Hyvis Imperial ( Canadian quart ) can ?
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 04:24 PM
I have never seen a canadian can I dont think, is it for sale? at least a picture.dont tease me Wes...Frank
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 05:19 PM
gas pump... i am looking at the 67 Chevelle convertible sitting in the back!
The Gilmore Frank restored is awsome. It dose not look as good in the picture as it dose in person.
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 05:39 PM
John,that chevelle just came back from the upholstry shop to do a few finish detail things, we did a body off hot rod resto on it, 460 hp 383 with a 700r4 trans and 4wheel disc brakes that was bought new in 67 by the owners grandma and she said do what you want just dont change the color so it still kinda looks like grandmas car, thanks for the compliments on the pump It did come out well and the customer is very happy, I'm getting ready to start on his next pump tomorrow..Frank
Frank, I hope the next one isn't quite so heavy. That thing was a LOAD to move (twice!!) Might be the nicest resto I've ever seen on a pump.
So... How much is a restored single Bowser (same model pump as a single) worth?

I wonder if you could say that all the value is in the mid casting? 30,000 bucks minus value of single Bowser, minus extra cylinder and top = value of double mid casting? That's one expensive mid casting!!
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 10:47 PM
As far as I know there isnt a single of that pump, Tom I had to move it many times you were lucky to only help twice, The next pump is a clear vision twin so eat your wheatys it's a heavy one too
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 11:16 PM
Here is a single Bowser I did many years ago,,, also here is a Bowser double I sold last fall to a guy to restore, wish I had waited till now to sell it to him,,,, I didn't get close to $30,000 for it..not even close. I will send you a picture of that Hyvis quart when I get it..

Attached picture Enarco Bowser singlevisable .jpg
Attached picture Bowser double visible pump.JPG
That Gilmore Pump is Killer!!!
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Sun Sep 19 2010 11:39 PM
I think if you crossed that single with a c-81 it would be close but that has the regular style base where the 81 has a similar base to the twin
I had the opportunity to see this beautiful restoration at the gas bash. It was totally one of the best I have ever seen and my hat is off to him. I have wanted one of those pumps for years and I mean about 20 of those. There is the single version or what comes close is the Square single c-51. If anyone knows of a Wayne oval double please let me know.
By the way, the picture of that beautiful pump does not even come close to the workmanship and beauty of that pump, especially after seeing it in person.
Posted By: GILMORE Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Mon Sep 20 2010 04:11 AM
Nice job on the Bowser/Gilmore pump, Frank. I like how you did the domes and the checkered base... pretty cool!
Posted By: Wes Hague Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Mon Sep 20 2010 11:11 AM
Hey Frank,,, I don't know anything about a c81 or c51 but that yellow Bowser is definatley a single Bowser pump made in Canada..( unsure about what the model number is )
Posted By: strnge Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Tue Sep 21 2010 01:19 AM
I saw the pump in person at Fred Stokes Gas Bash as well. It was truly amazing!!! Frank is an outstanding painter...

Frank I will be calling you about doing my Bowser Xacto Sentry 318.

Mike
Posted By: pollyman Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Wed Sep 22 2010 03:32 PM
Here's Mine. Not nearly worth $30,000 and nowhere close to Frank's awesome restoration.

Attached picture 11041_103386766347797_100000294234917_88946_6619059_n.jpg
Posted By: frankpl Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Wed Sep 22 2010 05:06 PM
Jason, I know you said it had homemade skins, Is it shortened or is it just the angle? Nice pump, You got a great deal on it...Frank
Posted By: pollyman Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Wed Sep 22 2010 06:36 PM
Thanks Frank. It's definitely the angle. I was on a ladder when I took the picture. That ceiling is over 11 ft tall and the globes are less than an inch from touching it. I'm going to have to build a barn or shop to get it indoors.
Posted By: dundign Re: Record breaking price for a gas pump in Canada ! - Wed Sep 22 2010 09:41 PM
Jason -- Nice..... pump....Tom
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk