Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 1970mach Springfield Ontario Auction Today! Strong Prices! - Sat Feb 26 2011 03:19 PM
Well the auction is Springfiield Ontatio is on today. Prices look to be very strong! I haven't won a thing yet and don't expect to given what I have seen so far however check this one out!

A reproduction GM sign 36" x 10" for 1K plus taxes and buyers premium. Hope he loves his $1300.00 sign!

See lot # 121

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=35774&p=2&srch=search%20catalog&sort=0#Top

Posted By: 1970mach Re: Springfield Ontario Auction Today! Strong Prices! - Sat Feb 26 2011 03:24 PM
While you are at it check out the Dominion Royal tire signs. I was out on these in NO TIME!
Lot # 154 and 155
Been Watching, With all of the extra charges it really adds up.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Springfield Ontario Auction Today! Strong Prices! - Sat Feb 26 2011 03:30 PM
you know it...that 4000 dollar tire sign becomes 5K after tax and Premiums..Wait till that Ford Service sign comes up!
Colin
Did you get it?
Pump prices seem to be low, signs and extras are getting very strong money.
There were 2 Texaco globes that just sold! One was a black T Skychief on a screw base glass body and the other was a Texaco star on a screw base glass body and they brought $850 each! WOW!
Texaco globes brought some good money
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Springfield Ontario Auction Today! Strong Prices! - Sat Feb 26 2011 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Johnnyleduc
Colin
Did you get it?

Absoloutely NOT!

I was intending to go to the sale until a Poker game for tonight got scheduled..lol. Glad I didnot go. However the 3 veedol signs went reasonable.they seem to not be popular here in Canada. They were the best buys of the sale in my mind.
It has been my experience that these auctions still bring out the money. I've been to areas where they had to pump in sunlight....it was so far off the beaten path. On auction day, there had to be at least...ten times the total population of the place show up with plenty of cash! People like a sale and will spend.....gotta love it! Paul www.severngaspumps.com
The pump prices were off I believe or low. Canadian twin for 9750 or so ! Wish I would have been there.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Springfield Ontario Auction Today! Strong Prices! - Sat Feb 26 2011 09:40 PM
I like the fact the Supertest sign and Pole went for $6250.00. I have one that is dam near NOS. I think I am going to try to find that pole for it!
When you finish at the wicket the twin costs 12k with taxes and b.prem...
I was watching that sale too Colin - I was glad I did not go and stayed home. What sign went for $13,500? (at least that is what I think I heard on the computer audio)? Proxibid crapped out right at the Players sign then Dominion sign and they are still marked "passed" even though they sold.

I cannot believe somebody actually paid $1K for that GM repro with the vinyl graphics. Other stuff sold WAY WAY high, either the buyers do not own computers or there is something else going on.

I bid the double to $8K, surprised it sold under 10.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk